259 two barrel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 259 two barrel

Not sure where to post this but I have a running 259 out of a 61 Lark with trans. We have rebuilt the carb, did electronic ignition full tune up, even have the complete gasket kit to go with. Looking to do a swap so don't need it and want to sell it. Not sure what to ask, seen some cores going for I think crazy money but idk. Looking for some cash to put back into the car, Some direction would be great or if your interested let me know. Thanks
    Last edited by todd_wilkins; 03-03-2017, 09:44 PM. Reason: For got to add details

You may want to try listing it on craigslist or possibly e-bay. One things for sure though, in the world of Studebaker V8's, the 259CI was/is 'the best of the bunch'!

Comment

You can also list it here for no cost: http://www.studebakerswap.com/swap/swap.php

But be sure to include Trans. Type and more about it's condition; all 8 Compression readings, miles per Qt. of Oil etc. would be helpful.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Good deal, replacing the seats also and was looking to hope to sell these originals parts to someone wanting to keep theirs OG.

Comment

What else inside the engine has been done in addition to future "seats"....or do you mean the front passenger seats..?

Comment

Front and rear seats is what I meant. Have torn in to the motor at all, did buy new freeze plugs also.I brought it running and driving just getting rid of it due to wanting more power (450 ish).

Comment

Clarification: You have "not" opened the engine up for any service ??

Comment

No I have not opened up the motor.

Comment

Working...
                X