66 back on the road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 66 back on the road

Tomorrow my 66 commander will be out on her first trip in the past 3 years. Our chapter is going to the Naval Air Museum at NAS Pensacola FL. Glades has been sitting for about 3 years my wife and I were in a bad car wreak in April 2014. After that I lost interest in My Studebakers 5 of them 51 commander starlite coupe, 46 M5, 52 champion starlite and a 55 president state. The 51 and 46 are project 55 and 52 are parts. Glades the 66 had 194 and automatic the radiator was leaking so she had water in her she apparently froze and pushed out a plug probably 2 winters ago she wasn't running good and leaked allover engine and trans. I had a 66 c10 truck that had been sitting for about 10 years motor was rebuilt the trans was out a new clutch installed so out it came and the fun began 66 230 and a 700r4. She still has a lot of bugs yet to figger out but tomorrow we have a long trip to the next state and about 15 miles to get there so hopefully nothing will go wrong.

Good for you Doug! As the owner of a 66 Commander 6 myself, I will look forward to hearing about your success.
    Mark Hayden
    '66 Commander

Comment

Wishing you the best. You'll know you had a great time the very moment you pull back into your driveway...still running smooth.

Please come back & let us know...with pictures.
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Doug, if you haven't already, please send me your data (vin#, body# color, etc) about your '66 so I can add you to my 1966 registry. I'm making a weak attempt to document all of the '66 cars that I can (other than Avanti). I have 2 '66 commanders, one 194 stick & one 230 automatic.
        Mike Saltsgaver
        miso7@wabash.net

Comment

Working...
        X