1990 4 door Avanti parts request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990 4 door Avanti parts request

Since i just got a 1990 4 door Avanti and have found out that this car came with custom wheels the Ultra 24's # 899012 but they are just old steel wheels and Avanti wheel covers at this time i am in the market for a set of originals if I can find some. If anyone has or knows of any please PM me or send me a e-mail at candbstudebakers@sbcglobal.net or call at 510-266-2522. the lug pattern is GM 4-3/4" 5 bolt. If I don't come up with some I might get a set of the new repops Hildebrand's, not sure how they will look on a 4 door any thoughts?......Bob
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Bob

I can't help with the wheels but as a word of caution, big Chevy's of that era also came with 5X5 bolt patterns so if you haven't measured the bolt pattern it might be worth a look. I found that out when I used a 90 Chevy drivetrain in my 54K. Just a thought.

Bob

Comment

Bob, that is what I had always figured but have since found the Chevy pattern is 4-3/4' and not 5x5 except the 5 lug trucks are 5x5. thanks.........bob
      Candbstudebakers
      Castro Valley,
      California

Comment

Station wagons and police / h.d. we're 5x5 in the 80s-90s
        61 lark cruiser
        64 daytona 2dr hardtop

Comment

Bob, #4 is correct as the 5 on 5 was used in HD applications and there is probably no way to know which chassis was used in yours. I should have paid more attention when we were at Chuck's as I could have determined that for you. A local tire store you are familiar with, should be able to lend you a bolt pattern identification tool to confirm what you have. Remember the offset on those cars of the era were not heavily positive as were most of the available front drive applications. Call me and I can walk you through the correct measurement procedures to determine what you have.
          Halibrands look good on practically anything but verify bolt pattern and offset prior to taking the plunge.
          Cheers, Bill

Comment

Also, the lug studs are metric, so you will need to make sure that the right one are obtained for the wheels.

Comment

Working...
            X