PDA

View Full Version : Studebakers are well represented at AACA National awards

tomlewis
02-26-2017, 09:09 PM
Did anyone else notice this? At the AACA annual National Meeting in Philadelphia earlier this month several Studebaker owners and their cars won national awards. All these folks are members of the SDC, ASC, or both.

Mark James of Pennsylvania won the Bomgardner Eastern award for his 1956 President. I met Mark at an AACA show in Houma, LA a couple of years ago and was impressed that he would bring one of his Studebakers all the way from PA to southern Louisiana for what turned out to be a pretty small show in a heavy rain.

Charlie Steffy of Florida won the Thomas McKean Memorial Cup for his '41 Commander. Charlie has been a fixture at ASC and SDC events for years. I have a T-shirt with an image of Charlie's Commander on it from when Charlie hosted the ASC Northeast roundup a couple of years ago.

Frank Rickenbaugh of New Jersey won the pre-1929 HPOF award for his 1922 Touring. I don't think I've met Frank, but that sure looks like a well-preserved 95-year-old car..

Way to go, guys.

Tom

Commander Eddie
02-27-2017, 09:38 AM
After so many years, Studebaker is STILL garnering awards for it's vehicles. Well deserved! Congratulations to Mark, Charlie and Frank.