1949 2R5 Gage Cluster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedo / Tach / Gauges: 1949 2R5 Gage Cluster

I followed the advice in the postings above to resurrect the speedometer that I want to install into my 1949 2R5 truck. Now I am ready to install it, but while I am at it I want to clean up the gage cluster.

I have some questions:

1. The panel is now ready to remove except for the headlight switch. I cannot figure out how to remove either the knob or the switch from the panel. I am sure this is easy, but I do not see it. How does this switch come out of the panel?

SI sells the gasket for the gage cluster housing to cabside dash joint, item 652220. I bought that, but I did not find a source for any of the other gaskets in the gage cluster.

2. The gasket for the engine compartment side of the gage cluster to all of the gage seats, 513611, looks like it may be 1/32 inch cardboard.

3. The gasket for the glass to the chrome moulding, 513610, looks like it may be 1/16 inch cardboard.

4. I cannot find an item number for the gasket between the chrome moulding and the cabside gage cluster housing. It looks like it may be an 1/8 inch sponge.

Does anyone know of a source for these gaskets? Has anyone had good luck making them?

Thanks.

There were two different light switches used in the 2R trucks. Do you know if you have the early or the late type?
    Skip Lackie

Comment

My truck is the early model, based on the serial number break shown in the parts manual. The switch matches the switch in my spare gage cluster which came from an 'M' series truck, which leads me to believe that it is the early type.

Comment

Working...
      X