Adjustable cam gear assembly question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: Adjustable cam gear assembly question

I've been asked if I have any more of the adjustable cam gear assemblies that I had made a while back. The answer is no.
    If there is enough interest, I can have more made. And no, it's been a few years so while I don't have much of an idea of the cost, I'd assume it will be higher, but I do not know how much. A coupla dollars, $3, $5, $20...don't know until I can say I want XX more drive assemblies. The price for a custom assembly was more than fair for the original batch.

So, the question is, is there any interest in an adjustable cam gear assembly ?

The assembly consists of a -
    1. Two piece cam gear, with fasteners
    2. Crank shaft gear
    3. Aluminum, two piece drive cover. The cover comes with second cover fasteners and O-rings as gaskets.
    The two piece cover allows cam timing changes without disturbing the pan, filler block or cover gaskets. It does not have provisions for a fuel pump. It does fit under the stock water pump manifold.
    4. Full instructions.

Pphotos are here -

Mike

P.s. - With the exception of the billet aluminum cover to clean up the look of the front of the engine, this is mostly for those wanting the most out of their engine, and being able to change the cam to crank timing to move the power up and down the rpm range.
    Last edited by Mike Van Veghten; 02-24-2017, 09:06 AM.

I can personally attest that these adjustable cam drives do work well.
    Installation is straightforward.

Mike,
    I'll pop for another one, so add me to the wish list.
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Mike,

I would be interested in one for a spare too.

JK

Comment

Since I missed the last round, I would like one too.
        Jamie McLeod
        Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
        1958 Commander "Christine"
        1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
        1955 Commander Sedan
        1964 Champ
        1960 Lark

Comment

Note from the shop -

Hi Mike,
          I looked at the gear drive project today. It looks like if we do 10 pcs they will be $825.00 each. I would need a 1/2 the money up front and the other half when they are complete.

Got this, this morning. A little higher than the first batch, but some is to be expected.
          This price will include shipping to the lower 48 only.

Let me know.

Mike

Comment

Working...
          X