PDA

View Full Version : Another round of parts needed for the Avanti!

Aslaveofchrist
02-23-2017, 10:30 PM
Good evening to all!

in my quest for having a complete 63 avanti i am slowly but surely gathering the parts i need for it, however, i find more and more things that are missing and so i endeavor to try to locate the not so readily available parts! My recent discoveries of missing stuff are the 2 vertical brackets that are between the rear bumper and the frame. In the parts book it indicates these are part # 1556202 and it calls them a "SUPPORT, rear vertical bumper" if anyone has a pair of these that are obtainable i would be much appreciative!

Last but not least I discovered at some point that what i thought was the correct evaporator/blower box under the dash is actually an aftermarket one that someone cobbled under there...so if someone would have an evap unit with blower i would be interested in that as well!

thanks ever so much!
Ryan

Colgate Studebaker
02-24-2017, 08:33 AM
When I restored my brothers '63 I needed new support brackets, and I ended up having a buddy of mine in the fab dept. where I worked make a new pair for me. Just need some 11 gauge(I think) cut to size and bent on a brake. Took him about 1/2 hour. If you can't find any, this is an alternative for you. Bill

Aslaveofchrist
02-24-2017, 09:50 AM
I have considered doing that...figured i would see if i could obtain replacements first! Thanks for the reply!

sweetolbob
02-24-2017, 10:32 AM
I sent a forum member a pair of the main rear bumper brackets but could not supply the remainder. I did have the set that came on my car, so I just traced the profile, side view and hole locations on a piece of cardboard that I included with the brackets. If you can't find someone to supply the brackets, they could possibly supply the profile. IIRC, they were (as mentioned above) probably 1/8" x 1 1/2" or 2" steel. Then you couldn't tell them from the real ones, if that is important.

Bob

Aslaveofchrist
03-02-2017, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the info! Looks like i will probly just build them!