PDA

View Full Version : 1966 cuiser payson AZ

tacweld
02-23-2017, 08:23 PM
I found a 66 cruiser for sale in Payson rather cheap anybody close to it ?:confused:

Studebakercenteroforegon
02-23-2017, 08:40 PM
Found it on Craigslist - that is a former Oregon car that the current owner - who I know - bought it in 2015 prior to the Pacific CanAm Zone meet in Kelso, WA. I even owned in many years ago. Guy I bought it from had both a '65 and this '66 and he liked the '65 seats better and swapped them.
Everything the ad says is true - later engine, improved air conditioning, etc. The lady he bought it from was using it as her daily driver. Plus it was maintained by our local knowledgeable Studebaker mechanic. Seems like quite a reasonable price.

drrotor
02-23-2017, 11:43 PM
I bought the damaged '59 Hawk from the same seller and I was at his house on Wednesday to pick it up. While I was there I briefly looked at the Cruiser. A nice old car. Black interior good, one tear in pass. seat. Dash very good as I re all. Has a 350 engine with 4 barrel. It's plenty fast he says and I believe it. Body straight, paint all one color but paint is "dead". I don't think it will polish up, at least not very well. Biggest problem I saw was a fair amount of bubbling under the vinyl top which I suspect is rust. This can be dealt with in a variety of ways as long as you cover it with another vinyl top, or simulate one with bed liner spray or ?
I had the impression you could get right in this car and go on a road trip.

tim333
02-24-2017, 05:18 AM
tacweld, if you are the one who bought it, text me after 10 this morning. I bought his 51 bullet nose. Maybe we can combine shipping, I'm in Shorewood Ill. Tim 678 773 5764.

tim333
02-24-2017, 11:48 AM
Kenny, did you look at the bullet nose too? What did you think?

studeclunker
02-24-2017, 12:04 PM
Looks to be a really nice car for the money!!:woot: