Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is there any interest in 259,Or 170 stuck engines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is there any interest in 259,Or 170 stuck engines?

trying to find out if i need to hold on to them any more or crush them as short steel when the price comes up or if it ever will ? had these for 20 + yrs , no one seems to want to come and buy them for resnable price , what do you think ??? guy s must be putting chevy engines in there cars more now cause of the price to do studie engines??

There are a few guys wanting 185" cranks for OHV conversions, though it is a very small market.
    Ron Dame
    '63 Champ

Comment

For what it is worth, scrap MAY hit 150$/ton later this year. If demand in CHina and ore prices hold. Sheet iron near steel mills in midwest running 125$ right now. Beats $60 from last year this time... Not saying scrap or not, just giving you details to help with the decision. Hard to get a sense on parts market now. Members aging, several passings are putting lot of nice things in circualtion, fewer people capable of doing own work and cost to pay others going up. Sorry to sound so negative, just being real.
      SK

Comment

Originally posted by FleetMaster68 View Post
        For what it is worth, scrap MAY hit 150$/ton later this year. If demand in CHina and ore prices hold. Sheet iron near steel mills in midwest running 125$ right now. Beats $60 from last year this time... Not saying scrap or not, just giving you details to help with the decision. Hard to get a sense on parts market now. Members aging, several passings are putting lot of nice things in circualtion, fewer people capable of doing own work and cost to pay others going up. Sorry to sound so negative, just being real.
        SK
        Scott, i am thinking the same as you said, i am not a spring chicken, so that is why i was asking the queston to others on here , if the price goes up to a good level i will even pull some old studies in to crusher & engines, just been trying to help out selling parts over the years to keep them going thanks for your in put dannyo.

Comment

Working...
        X