PDA

View Full Version : 1955 President Sedan Registry: UPDATE

Commander Eddie
02-21-2017, 02:23 PM
Terry (Oldfart) has been beating the drum for folks to take on the job of creating registries for some of the vehicles that currently don't have one. Since I own one I decided to carve out some time to work on the registry for the '55 President Sedans. I have created a spreadsheet and am populating in right now. So, if you one one of these please PM me and I will send you the list of information I am asking for. As soon as I get your information I will add it to the list. This registry will be available to view on the Registry page of the SDC website.
Ed

StudeRich
02-21-2017, 03:45 PM
Great! :!: So that will be '55 "Y" Bodies, '56 to '57 President "W" and "Y" Bodies, also '58 "Y" Body?
Or just '55 President State, '56-'57 President Classic and '58 President 4 Door Sedan "Y" Bodies?

The Numbers of '55's would be VERY small. :(

62282 62283 Of COURSE I would NEVER be prejudice just because I own one of these! A Loaded, solid Black one. :D

Commander Eddie
02-21-2017, 04:41 PM
Great! :!: So that will be '55 "Y" Bodies, '56 to '57 President "W" and "Y" Bodies, also '58 "Y" Body?
Or just '55 President State, '56-'57 President Classic and '58 President 4 Door Sedan "Y" Bodies?

The Numbers of '55's would be VERY small. :(

62282 62283 Of COURSE I would NEVER be prejudice just because I own one of these! A Loaded, solid Black one. :DGood point. I was just working on the '55s. I'll consider widening this a bit per your inquiry.
Ed

Commander Eddie
02-26-2017, 02:24 PM
Update: I have created a spreadsheet that I hope will be easy for people to read and understand. I have sent a preliminary copy in PDF format to Mark Wheeler for inclusion on the "Registry" page in the SDC website. I just checked and it has not yet been posted but should be soon. For those interested in submitting their car or one they used to own, or know of, you can see what information I am including.
I am still pondering StudeRich's suggestion about expanding the registry to including 1956 through 1958 Presidents as well. If I decide to do this I will change the title of the registry to correspond to this change.
Thanks to those who have already responded and please let me know if you need to make any changes or corrections to what I have posted there. Keep 'em coming. I an curious how many of these great cars are still out there, in any kind of condition.