I'd rather be driving my Studebaker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd rather be driving my Studebaker!

Its Feb 19th here in central Maryland and normally that would mean that it would be overcast and about 40°. Today its sunny and almost 70° and if it weren't for the fact that my seats were at the upholstery shop I would be out driving my GT right now. Whod a thunk it?
    I'd rather be driving my Studebaker!

sigpic

I drove mine (63 GT) To our club meeting today 55 dgrs. up in Hamilton today.I was the only Studebaker there.

Comment

Only two studies showed up at our well attended Karel Staple Chapter Meet this morning...but it was raining cats and dogs!
      Lou Van Anne
      62 Champ
      64 R2 GT Hawk
      79 Avanti II

Comment

I went home after the meeting and got my 50 Champion out and went for a nice drive.

Comment

I didn't get to drive mine yet, but did start it and let it run a while yesterday. Temp.s in the 40s and 50s forecasted this week, along with rain. Hope the snow melts and the road salt gets washed away before the York meet next month.
          Dwight 54 Commander hardtop

Comment

After a 20 mile bike ride Laura and I took a ride in The Avanti , We tried to go over to the barrier island but about a million others had the same idea so we went else where , Ed

Comment

It's a nice day here on Long Island, so I think I'll take our Stude Lark out for a ride this afternoon. Temp will be in the high 40s.
              Rog
              '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
              Smithtown,NY
              Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

I will be happy to get back to Arizona. It will be nice to see a pickup truck that does not have a snow plow attached to the front end. Found one Studebaker in Kalispell Montana. It was a Tahoe Green with rust patina 2 door. It was a Champion with an Automatic Transgression in it and no seats. Back window gone but a new window outside on the trunk area. This beautiful baby can be yours for only $1,000. Today's high in Bigfork will be 34 degrees, a real heat wave.

Bob Miles
                Wish I was in Tucson NOW

Comment

I did not drive a Stude over the weekend. But have driven the 62GT about 225 miles, since I put the motor back together eight days ago. Will probably put another 200+ miles on it this week also. I seize any & all opportunities to exercise the Studes

Comment

Sat. was nice here and not raining so I drove the 37 street rod to the parts store to get my fuel pump for the 90 4 door Avanti, car ran really nice since I lowered the seats 2" now I can see out of the small windshield in the 37. was raining again on Sun. so can not drive the 37 with out wipers. just spent time puting the 90 back together.
                    Candbstudebakers
                    Castro Valley,
                    California

Comment

Drove both of my studes over the weekend. Had to repair turn signals and temp gauge on the 64 Daytona. The 61 cruiser was trouble free.
                      61 lark cruiser
                      64 daytona 2dr hardtop

Comment

Well, everyone on the highway knows my point of view on this subject!
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	I'd rather....jpg
Views:	2
Size:	129.3 KB
ID:	1712566
                        Lou Van Anne
                        62 Champ
                        64 R2 GT Hawk
                        79 Avanti II

Comment

Was 66 degrees here in Southern Ohio today. My wife and I hopped in my Studebaker and went to the Dairy Queen for 2 Banana Splits , Was a perfect day for my Birthday !
                          Randy Wilkin
                          1946 M5 Streetrod
                          Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

Happy Birthday, Randy!
                            Brad Johnson,
                            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
                            X