PDA

View Full Version : SDC club meetings

swvalcon
02-19-2017, 11:49 AM
Do any of the SDC clubs that you belong to do a Sat morning Cars and coffee get together. Not a meeting so to speak but just a monthly certain Saturday where if you want to show up and show off what you have done on your car and have breakfast and coffee and talk cars for a hour or two you can and know there will be some guy's from the club there? Reason I'am asking is I am now the activity director of the newly formed EAST CENTRAL MN. SDC club. Thinking it would be a fun thing to do and help everyone in the club become better friends and stay connected. We have a restaurant where it would work out.

54stude
02-19-2017, 12:20 PM
Or, garage tour days to highlight success and get tips from others for the members that are actually building and maintaining cars.

Studeguru
02-19-2017, 12:25 PM
Our Wasatch Mountain Chapter meets for breakfast every first Saturday of the month. This is always well attended.

swvalcon
02-19-2017, 01:12 PM
Studeguru That was my plan. There is a place within about a half hour of everyone that has good reasonable priced food and a lot of parking on Sat. Plus the owner is a car guy so that helps and it's a small town but he is still busy on Sat. Would be one of those deals where you have nothing planned for the first Sat of the month so Think I'll meet the guy's for breakfast. 54stude our plans are to have some of the every three month meetings at different locations and maybe even at club members homes on a Sat evening and do a cook out. Bring some food type deal.

61Lark
02-19-2017, 06:43 PM
Do you have more information on the new chapter?

raprice
02-19-2017, 07:04 PM
Our Long Island Chapter has its regular meetings on the third Thursday of each month, except December, when we have a holiday brunch.
We do, on occasion, have a breakfast meet at a local place called the Garage Eatery. It's a diner-like restaurant that's decorated with an automotive theme. We show up with our Studebakers (or Packards) and have a leisurely breakfast. It's a lot of fun.
Rog

Milaca
02-19-2017, 09:53 PM
Nick,
attached is the information that I received in January. I joined just two weeks ago.

Greetings,
A group of seven family units of Studebaker owners met on Saturday at the Pizza Pub in Mora at noon.
The purpose was to organize a chapter in the East Central area, which would approximately cover the
areas of Aitkin, Chisago, Isanti, Kanabec, Isanti and Mille Lacs counties.
The group’s name will be officially known as the East Central Minnesota Studebaker Drivers.
Officers elected are as follows:
President, Vern Anderson; Vice-President, Gene Anderson; Secretary, Alicia Minenko; Treasurer, Janice
Anderson; Assistant Treasurers, Vern Anderson and Alicia Minenko; Activities Director Steve Welsh, and
Newsletter, Arlene Anderman.
We are submitting an application for this local chapter through the National Studebaker Drivers Club.
The purpose of the club will be to have some get-togethers with your car (you don’t need to own a
Studebaker to belong). Membership dues will be $10.00 per family unit (couple, and/or children under
the age of 18). Meetings will be held quarterly.
1. You must belong to the National Studebaker Drivers Association to enable you to be a part of
this Chapter.
2. All cars MUST have a fire extinguisher within the car and easily accessible (not in trunk), and
must be fastened down.
3. All cars have to be insured (your own responsibility).
You are receiving this notification as we have you listed as a Studebaker owner. If you would like to be a
member of this Chapter, please mail your membership fee to:
Janice Anderson, Treasurer, 101 Locust Street, Mora, MN 55051
Any questions, please contact Chapter President
Vern Anderson, 320-629-3233, or e-mail laja.68a@gmail.co

61Lark
02-19-2017, 10:11 PM
Thank you, Brent