Anyone near Placida, Florida?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone near Placida, Florida?

I bought a Studebaker part on Ebay from here. While the opening screen said "Local pickup only," the description said, "I only put $50 in the shipping field so I could list this item. I'll figure shipping after the winning bid." Well, they apparently forgot to change their template because they now say, "You do realize this is Local Pickup only?" (I'm in California). I told them I based by bidding on the quote in the description. So now they say it will probably cost at least $75 dollars to ship a '50 bullet nose piece and a few misc. other pieces by UPS. Anyone close to Port Charlotte or should I just give up and cancel the transaction?
    Thanks.
    KURTRUK
    (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

I am about an hour away from Port Charlotte. What do you need?
    78 Avanti RQB 2792
    64 Avanti R1 R5408
    63 Avanti R1 R4551
    63 Avanti R1 R2281
    62 GT Hawk V15949
    56 GH 6032504
    56 GH 6032588
    55 Speedster 7160047
    55 Speedster 7165279

Comment

That area is on the west coast of Florida and about 100 mi one way from me. Will that part perhaps fit in a flat rate usps box?? weight does not matter. Perhaps some one is closer, but the part would still have to be shipped somehow to you. If it is just the "bullet, it will fit in a large flat rate box, and ship for less than $20.00
      Last edited by larkregal62; 02-13-2017, 08:05 PM. Reason: Addl info

Comment

It is the bullet and ring. I don't think that would fit in the flat rate box. Yes, I would be asking someone to ship it for me. Further details reveal it is in
        South Gulf Cove 33981. Thank you 64studeavanti, but I would not ask anyone to drive that far for me.
        It was a good price, but I may just have to let it go. This seller sells quite a bit, but not auto parts. I told her I often find USPS cheaper than UPS and they replied

"i wanted to send a package last year that was heavy and the po wanted twice as much as ups" Oh well.

KURTRUK
        (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Don't they come apart?? I think they would fit in perhaps 2 Flat rate boxes for less than 40.00. You might also check Steven Allen's new site--Matthew, do you have the part, how much, and how would it ship??? Gordon
          Last edited by larkregal62; 02-14-2017, 05:29 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Working...
          X