PDA

View Full Version : Registries :

old fart
02-12-2017, 06:52 PM
Hi out there in Studeville . I have been pondering over a question for some time now and I think it is time for our members to discuss it . How many members out there know about the registries in our club ?? Be honest about it . Secondly how many out there have taken the time to look into joining the registry of their choice having a vehicle that fits into that registry . The folks who take care of the registries have taken the time and effort to maintain them . They have earned our respect and should have our encouragement to continue on with our clubs on going history by you joining . So I ask you do you belong to a registry and if not why not all it is going to cost you is some of your time .If there isn't a registry that matches your vehicle then form one . You benefit from the knowledge of fellow members and you get information about your vehicle so you can tell general Joe public a more interesting story while you attend those shows . If you need assistance in forming a new registry I'll be happy to help you out , and you can always contact other registry managers to see how theirs is set up . Lets Talk .

Old fart not4u@nlis.ca

showbizkid
02-12-2017, 09:25 PM
I don't really know much about them, for one. But if there's one for '63-'64 Standards & Challengers, I'd be interested in knowing more.

SN-60
02-12-2017, 09:31 PM
Good thoughts!...Well said! :!:

lelshaddai
02-12-2017, 09:40 PM
I tried to join the 53 Commanders but it would not work. I would be happy to sign up the 53 Commander and my 51 Commander if I knew where to do it.

8E45E
02-12-2017, 09:41 PM
Check Bob Johnstone's excellent resource page here: http://www.studebaker-info.org/

Registries are listed on the left column and include links for:

GT HAWKS
54 Conestoga Wagon Reg.
56 Flight Hawk Reg.
1956 Golden Hawk Reg.
(Latest 56J Newslt'r - Jan 2017)
1958 Golden Hawk Reg.
61 Hawk Reg.
Skytop Reg.
Jet Thrust Reg.
Avanti Reg.
27-30 Erskine
32-33 Rockne Reg.
39 Truck Reg.
2R Truck Registry

Craig

62champ
02-12-2017, 10:03 PM
Studebaker Drivers Club web page has them listed as well: http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com/registries.asp

JoeHall
02-12-2017, 10:30 PM
The, "56J Only" registry has been around since the late 1980s, and still going strong. Thanks to Frank A. for his untiring efforts and leadership ability, in getting folks together for a common cause. There have probably been in excess of 1000 members, with new ones coming along to replace those who go other directions. We currently have about 500 members. As a result of member input, and Frank's behind the scene work, the 56J may be the most researched Stude ever made, with just about every stone turned in uncovering their unique history.

Registries are a good thing :)

Hallabutt
02-13-2017, 03:16 AM
John,

Sorry to throw cold water on your good intentions, but the reality is that the forum only reaches about 15-20% of the SDC members. The registries that have been around for twenty or more years have done pretty well, but the internet was not their primary information conveyer. Today the forum seems to be where they start and stop, and with 50% of members over sixty five not having internet connections, it will take the next generation of owners to compile anything near a comprehensive list for some of the cars.

old fart
02-13-2017, 08:54 AM
To the Showbizkid check out the comments below yours for leads and you can also email Mark at Cornerstone I'm sure he will be glad to give you a list with contact info .If there is not one that you are looking for consider forming one yourself it's is really not that hard and has it's own rewards . And as for Hallabutt you maybe correct to some point but can you think of another way of stirring interest in registries ? This median may only reach 15-20% as you say but that is 15-20% more than what we started with . There is also Turning Wheels but then again not all S.D.C. members get that either so where do you suggest we go from here ???

Old fart

sasquatch
02-13-2017, 11:21 AM
I also have a registry for M trucks at http://studebakerm.com.

old fart
02-13-2017, 11:39 AM
Hi Sasquatch : I am in the process of gathering Registry managers contact information so that we the managers can up date each other on how to improve if need be our registries, while at the same time our member numbers ( decline or increase and how to obtain new members while keeping their information secure . If you wouldn't mind could you please email me at not4u@nlis.ca I would like to get your thoughts on some things .

Old Fart

sasquatch
02-13-2017, 11:56 AM
Email sent.

lelshaddai
02-13-2017, 02:53 PM
I tried again to register at the 53-54 CK registry and I still cannot get in. Also, I did not see a registry for 51 Commander coupes.
Jim

Commander Eddie
02-13-2017, 04:22 PM
I joined the '61 Champ truck registry but there is no registry for '55 President sedans.

old fart
02-13-2017, 04:31 PM
lelshaddai : Hi I looked and didn't see any for the 51 Coupes either . maybe you should start one for the Commander and the Champion Coupes . As for the 53-54 C&K there isn't much to go on information wise . If you do decide to start a registry for the 51 coupes I would be will to help you out . Maybe consider the 1950 coupes too , the registry could be known as the bullet nose coupe registry , just bolwing a little smoke your way . Seriously consider both years . Let me know what you think , email me at not4u@nlis.ca .

Old Fart

SN-60
02-13-2017, 04:33 PM
316 1955 President Speedsters accounted for in the '55 Speedster roster:eek:....I KNOW there has to be more of them out there!...GET BUSY BOYS!! :woot:

old fart
02-13-2017, 04:36 PM
Commander Eddie :

As I suggested to lelshaddai start one for the 50-51 coupes , you should start one for the 55 President sedans and I'll make you the same offer of help . Contact me at not4u@nlis.ca would like to chat about doing a registry it isn't all that hard .

Old Fart

Commander Eddie
02-13-2017, 04:39 PM
316 1955 President Speedsters accounted for in the '55 Speedster roster:eek:....I KNOW there has to be more of them out there!...GET BUSY BOYS!! :woot:
Here is one on the Portland Craigslist. No serial number listed though.
https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/5970860723.html

old fart
02-13-2017, 04:40 PM
SN 60

Hello there . I am sorry but I don't see a registry for the 55 Speedsters on the list of registries / Do you know who is the manager and his/her email address ?? Who like to chat with them at not4u@nlis.ca .

Old Fart

SN-60
02-13-2017, 04:51 PM
Here is one on the Portland Craigslist. No serial number listed though.
https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/5970860723.html

Thanks very much for this post!...However, I do have that Speedster already in the roster!

old fart
02-13-2017, 05:29 PM
Address this to Joe Hall :

You say there is a registry for the 56J only cars ?? Is Frank still doing the management of the registry because I didn't see on on the registry listings . Do you have his email address would like to chat with him he can contact me at not4u@nlis.ca Thanks Joe

Old Fart ( Terry )

SN-60
02-13-2017, 05:36 PM
SN 60

Hello there . I am sorry but I don't see a registry for the 55 Speedsters on the list of registries / Do you know who is the manager and his/her email address ?? Who like to chat with them at not4u@nlis.ca .

Old Fart

Hi Terry!,..... as far as I know, I'm the 'Keeper of the Roster'!! :D

old fart
02-13-2017, 05:39 PM
Showbizkid :
I don't see a registry for the 63-64 Standard and Challengers on the list . Maybe you should start a registry for the Challengers first unless you have both models and years ?? I have a 63 Standard 4 Dr. sedan that has be converted to a Regal sedan . If you need help setting one up I'd be glad to help contact me at not4u@nlis.ca . Looking forward to hearing from you .

Old Fart ( Terry )

old fart
02-13-2017, 05:45 PM
SN 60 ;

I have googled the Studebaker Drivers Club Registries and it doesn't appear . Would like to chat with you about the registries and the lack of information . This was the whole purpose of me starting this dialogue in the first place and it seems to have drawn some attention . I am working on an up-to-date managers list and contact info . Thanks for your response hope to hear back from you gain .

Terry

SN-60
02-13-2017, 05:47 PM
SN 60 ;

I have googled the Studebaker Drivers Club Registries and it doesn't appear . Would like to chat with you about the registries and the lack of information . This was the whole purpose of me starting this dialogue in the first place and it seems to have drawn some attention . I am working on an up-to-date managers list and contact info . Thanks for your response hope to hear back from you gain .

Terry

Good deal!...I'll PM you! :)

8E45E
02-13-2017, 06:53 PM
Hopefully Stu Chapman will chime in and tell us how successful he has been taking care of the 1964 Daytona convertible registry.

Craig

old fart
02-13-2017, 08:35 PM
Hi Craig : Last time I talked to Stu he was just getting out of the hospital and this was right after his wife';s stint in the same place so he is taking it easy for a bit . last I heard he had almost a century of registered cars ( That's 100 ) . Email him I know he'll enjoy the inquiry . I forgot which registry do you manage Craig ??

Old Fart

8E45E
02-13-2017, 09:39 PM
I forgot which registry do you manage Craig ??

None!

I've never been a roster/registry keeper, though I have supplied information to all the ones that apply to me.

Craig

Buzzard
02-13-2017, 10:46 PM
On others' encouragement, I have been collating a 1959 Lark Registry back at home in British Columbia. If my memory serves me correctly, I believe I have accumulated approximately 15 to date and plan to catalog my findings later this spring. I'm not sure what format would be required but I'm sure someone here can assist me.
Perhaps Chip would like to take on the '57 Packard Registry as there can't be that many of us out there.
Bill

Stu Chapman
02-14-2017, 07:57 AM
Hopefully Stu Chapman will chime in and tell us how successful he has been taking care of the 1964 Daytona convertible registry.

Craig

Thanks for the compliment Craig. We now have over 50,700 views, the latest post being this morning with one for sale. The secret to success in maintaining registries is one word, "maintaining". You have to keep on top of it and keep stirring up interest. If posts slow down then get them started again even if you're just looking for parts.

Stu Chapman

Stu Chapman
02-14-2017, 08:01 AM
Hi Craig : Last time I talked to Stu he was just getting out of the hospital and this was right after his wife';s stint in the same place so he is taking it easy for a bit . last I heard he had almost a century of registered cars ( That's 100 ) . Email him I know he'll enjoy the inquiry . I forgot which registry do you manage Craig ??

Old Fart

Was just coming along fine Terry but then had a bad fall 10 days ago resulting in two fractures in my back. If it's not one thing it's another.

Stu Chapman

Geigs
02-14-2017, 01:52 PM
Great idea. I'd like to create one for the 56-58 sedans/wagons.

JoeHall
02-14-2017, 02:01 PM
Address this to Joe Hall :

You say there is a registry for the 56J only cars ?? Is Frank still doing the management of the registry because I didn't see on on the registry listings . Do you have his email address would like to chat with him he can contact me at not4u@nlis.ca Thanks Joe

Old Fart ( Terry )
If you go here and stumble around, you can likely figure out how to contact Frank A. He does not check his email often, so snailmail may be best. He sometimes comes on here and lurks, so maybe just a post here to flag him, i.e. "Attention Frank A." http://www.1956goldenhawk.com/

old fart
02-14-2017, 04:50 PM
Thanks Joe : I wonder if Frank A. would email me at not4u@nlis.ca if he reads this , Frank A I'm calling you .

Old Fart

plee4139
02-15-2017, 05:12 AM
A few years ago I registered my Sky Hawk with the Golden Hawk group, which stated that it included my car, but never heard from them. According to my research there were only 66 Sky Hawks registered in the country as of about five years ago. Maybe that's why there's no registry for them?

StudeDave57
02-15-2017, 11:11 AM
Great idea. I'd like to create one for the 56-58 sedans/wagons.

I sorta kinda already did back in 2007 or so~
http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/showthread.php?3776-56-58-Sedan-Wagon-Registry-input-anyone

But it's very much on the back burner right now. :(

I'd be happy to share what I have--- when I can find it... :rolleyes: :ohmy: