PDA

View Full Version : Damaged Hawk in Arizona is ours now!

drrotor
02-12-2017, 12:04 AM
Well, Kathy and I bought another Hawk-- Al Duble' s damaged '59. We're looking for some help in
1. Moving it to the Seattle area. Haven't had great experiences with trucking companies-- giving low bids to get the contract and then leaving the car sitting for weeks on end waiting to find a driver who just happens to be in that area willing to work cheap... and not finding one... till you get fed up and pay a higher price.
Anyone happen to be coming this way with an empty trailer? I'm happy to pay a fair price.
2. Looking for parts to replace L.F. corner of car: hood, hinges, L. fender, both outer grille shells, core support, F. bumper, H/L ass'y, possibly radiator, etc. What do you have stashed out there?
His-n-hers Hawks! What could be better? 'Twill be fun to build.

63 R2 Hawk
02-12-2017, 01:57 AM
Sounds like fun!! You might mention where in AZ it is located so people will know where it needs to be picked up from.

hausdok
02-12-2017, 04:11 AM
I've got a trailer and I'm in the Seattle area. Do you want to go get it and bring it back?

Come along to split the driving and we can keep the cost down. Maybe someone else between here and there needs something hauled back as well. If it will fit in the back of the truck I can make it work.

Fair warning. I'm a zombie driver. Once I'm behind the wheel I'm on auto-pilot for at least 36 hours - 24 when accompanied - and then I sleep 4 hours before I repeat. That means no stopping except to eat and use the can, and that's only at gas stations when fueling. Don't know where it is in Arizona, but, as an example, it's a 1400 mile - 22 hour drive via 84E and 93S to Phoenix. If I were picking it up in Phoenix, the truck gets nearly 500 miles to a tank, so it would be two stops going, fill there, two stops back. My goal would be to get down there, load, and get back in under 48 hours.

If that interests you, PM me.

6hk71400
02-12-2017, 09:05 AM
I had posted the car originally in another post but the CL ad is still up:
https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/5973595623.htm

Payson is northeast of the Phoenix/Mesa area. It is about approximately a 90 minute drive from Phoenix. I think 89 goes through Payson so you may want to check a map to see if that is correct. Might be better than going through Phoenix unless you want to stop and see some Studebaker people there.

The price originally was 6K but last ad had it at 4K. It is nice the car will live another day.

Bob Miles
Tucson AZ
Temporarily in Big Fork, MT

57pack
02-12-2017, 12:51 PM
Congratulations on your Hawk purchase. I am pleased to read it with be saved and repaired. Good luck on your parts search and repair. Enjoy.

tim333
02-12-2017, 04:32 PM
drrotor, check your private messages.

cliffh
02-12-2017, 05:06 PM
I have a used left front Hawk fender for sale. Not sure what year it came off of. A dog leg to Walla Walla would only add 30 miles to your trip. PM me if interested.
Cliff

sals54
02-12-2017, 06:32 PM
I've got 2 Hawk front bumpers up in the rafters. I'm in Sacramento... so I'm more or less on the way. $50 for either one.

wlfrench
02-12-2017, 07:13 PM
That means no stopping except to eat and use the can, and that's only at gas stations when fueling.

HaHa, that's what I tell my wife every time we drive down to Florida.

hausdok
02-12-2017, 08:59 PM
HaHa, that's what I tell my wife every time we drive down to Florida.Well, I admit that if my wife's with me I can't get away with that. However, after she accompanied me on a trip to pick up a bunch of stuff for Brian, haul it to the shippers in Long Beach, turn around and go up to Hollywood and buy a PH, haul that back down to the shippers, and then turn and head for Seattle, picking up a Hawk on the way and dropping it about 30 miles south of Seattle, I doubt she's going to want to get back in that truck anytime soon.

Subsequent to that trip, I've invited her on a couple of local runs I made for Brian on other deals and she just emphatically shook her head and said, "No, no. You go, I'm fine right here by myself."

drrotor
02-13-2017, 12:22 AM
Well, I admit that if my wife's with me I can't get away with that. However, after she accompanied me on a trip to pick up a bunch of stuff for Brian, haul it to the shippers in Long Beach, turn around and go up to Hollywood and buy a PH, haul that back down to the shippers, and then turn and head for Seattle, picking up a Hawk on the way and dropping it about 30 miles south of Seattle, I doubt she's going to want to get back in that truck anytime soon.

Subsequent to that trip, I've invited her on a couple of local runs I made for Brian on other deals and she just emphatically shook her head and said, "No, no. You go, I'm fine right here by myself."

Mike-- Unable to send you a PM as your box is full. I'll try again later to see if you've cleared some room, or PM me your phone number.-- Kenny

drrotor
02-13-2017, 12:26 AM
I've got 2 Hawk front bumpers up in the rafters. I'm in Sacramento... so I'm more or less on the way. $50 for either one.

Thanks, Guys, for the parts offers so far-- keep 'em coming! Hope to find most of them in one spot to keep the miles down, but considering them all.

hausdok
02-13-2017, 02:19 AM
Mike-- Unable to send you a PM as your box is full. I'll try again later to see if you've cleared some room, or PM me your phone number.-- Kenny

Email is: hausdok@msn.com

tim333
02-18-2017, 10:49 AM
Bob Miles, sent you a PM.

Commander Eddie
02-18-2017, 11:02 AM
I have owned 2 of Al's cars. My first one was his 1950 Commander Regal Deluxe Sedan which you see pictured in my avatar to the left. I sold it when I purchased the other one which I currently own, his '55 President State Sedan. I purchased it from the owner that Al had sold it to. He used to live just 4 miles from me in Newberg and had a huge barn filled with Studebakers. When he and his wife decided to sell and move to Arizona he sold all but 3 or 4 of them. He had a nice collection. I am glad to see they are still going to good homes.

jetboat
02-18-2017, 11:03 PM
hi my name is Dino and I live in ore. I was looking at the same car and then I found a complete car in Anderson cal. asking 4k but said she would take less ,no title but all the parts are there look at CL sacremento its flamingo

tim333
02-18-2017, 11:26 PM
Looking at what car Dino??

6hk71400
02-19-2017, 12:10 AM
I think the car Dino is looking in California is another Hawk, by the 1961 identifying color of Flamingo. However a quick glance at the Sacramento CL does not show any Hawk at the price or color.

Bob Miles
Tucson AZ soon

Big Smooth
02-19-2017, 12:50 PM
Nice to see Hawks in the Puget Sound area.

Hope to meet lots of SDC folks soon.

Gordy

r1lark
02-19-2017, 02:16 PM
Welcome to SDC, Gordy!! :!!: