'39 commander windshield rubber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: '39 commander windshield rubber

Can anyone suggest where to buy all the glass rubber for the '39 commander? including the vent window rubber, and the door glass anti-rattle strips (not the window channel)? Valerie Hansen does not carry the rubber.
    Also what is the original thickness of the door glass? my existing door glass and vent window measures .210" thick...kind of odd size? did the lamination swell from 3/16" or was it .210" thick from the start? Just curious if I get 3/16" thick door and vent window glass, will it be loose in its metal attachment frames? I will be using new glass setting rubber strips in the frames. Its probably not enough to worry about, and may make it easier to go in. I just find .210" thick is a little odd?

I got all the rubber stuff....can't remember where though. I'd have to do a fair amount of research to get that. I think maybe I got it from my local glass shop.
    Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Studebaker International, page 81 of their on-line catalog has the rubber seals you are looking for. There may well be other sources, just happen to be aware of this one.

Comment

Have you tried Valerie Hansen from Nashville?

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs K Corbin View Post
          Have you tried Valerie Hansen from Nashville?
          Read first line of post.

Comment

valerie hansen has some door rubber but nothing for the glass....they are limited on prewar stuff. Anyway, I think SI is going to have the glass rubber and anti-rattle parts. Thanks for the replies!

Comment

Working...
            X