PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a complete, stock-ish driveable '53 or '54 C/K

BobWaitz
02-06-2017, 05:07 PM
I was contacted by a fellow who is not yet a member of the club (I sent him the information to join up yesterday). He is interested in finding a nice, running, stock-ish, complete '53 or '54 C/K. It was the first car he ever wanted. I sent him the information on the car listed in the latest Turning Wheels. If you know of something like that for sale, please send me a note or respond to this message so I can pass the information along. He needs it to be finished, not a project. I think engine swaps (259/289 for a 232) are acceptable but probably not a SBC or any wild modifications. Commander preferred but Champions are OK as well.

Thanks,

Bob

StudeRich
02-06-2017, 05:29 PM
How far is he willing to go for it?

I have a solid '53 Commander Starliner Hardtop, 232 3 Speed Overdrive, Original Two Tone Green Paint needing repaint, all New saddle Tan Interior never sat in, most of all Chrome re-plated, but it is in the extreme Northwest corner of the Country.

I had intended to complete it's restoration, but it appears that may not happen, so if someone wants one it can be had for 1/3 of what it WILL be worth.

63t-cab
02-06-2017, 11:23 PM
Can You tell us what it WILL be worth?apparently when Some One finishes Their version of a Restoration,to some what figure what a 1/3 should be to start with

BobWaitz
02-07-2017, 02:41 PM
This fellow wants a car that's complete and ready to drive. I have a solid '53 Coupe myself but it needs a complete interior and some other minor work but he would like something ready to go. Too bad he is not interested in a '55 as there are a couple of nice looking ones in the latest TW.

ken-renda
02-07-2017, 04:56 PM
This fellow wants a car that's complete and ready to drive. I have a solid '53 Coupe myself but it needs a complete interior and some other minor work but he would like something ready to go. Too bad he is not interested in a '55 as there are a couple of nice looking ones in the latest TW.

If he is interested in a frame off restored 54 Starliner, google "studebakers forever". All he needs to do is pay for it and drive it off. It's a detailed frame off with an interesting history as it was formerly part of an Avanti dealer collection and is part of my collection but age requires me to sell off. Note several cars are listed; all but the 54 have sold.

55coupe
02-07-2017, 05:57 PM
There's a 54 on Seattle Craigs List not mine no interest in it.

BobWaitz
02-08-2017, 10:04 AM
Thanks! Forwarded them on to Doug.