PDA

View Full Version : Parts wish list for York

55sedan
02-05-2017, 12:20 AM
I will be attending the York meet for the first time this year. I have wanted to go for many years but just didn't work out. This being the last its too big of an opportunity to miss out on. Although I will walking every isle and not missing a table, my parts search is pretty specific to fit a 1955 Champion 2dr sedan. I know parts for this model probably would not be at the top of a vendors list to haul with them so I thought I would try a little advanced notice.
This is what I am looking for:
- chrome grill
- grill centre ( the Flying V in the centre of the grill mouth)
-trunk emblem (this is the chromed pot metal surrounding the latch with the raise Studebaker Champion letters inside it)
-lower front valance
-door edge kick plates
-aluminum head and dual intake to fit the 185
Please note I am looking for NOS or Excellent used only. I already have driver quality of these parts on my car. Are these still available bidding in people's basements or am I searching for hens teeth. Thank you for any leads and truely looking forward to York. Chris

SN-60
02-05-2017, 08:01 AM
The grill parts are going to be tough to find NOS....however, NOS '55 STUDEBAKER CHAMPION deck lid handles are usually available!....Good luck!

(Dave Thibeault may have a lead on that aluminum champ head)

abkco
02-05-2017, 12:34 PM
I'm thinking of going to York for the same reasons. Even without finding what I need, it should be a site to see. I am putting in my wish list for a 64-65 dash only for my Cruiser. I'm looking for a very nice example with no cracks or cigarette burns? Do I have a shot? I hope so.

mbstude
02-05-2017, 12:45 PM
I will be attending the York meet for the first time this year. I have wanted to go for many years but just didn't work out. This being the last its too big of an opportunity to miss out on. Although I will walking every isle and not missing a table, my parts search is pretty specific to fit a 1955 Champion 2dr sedan. I know parts for this model probably would not be at the top of a vendors list to haul with them so I thought I would try a little advanced notice.
This is what I am looking for:
- chrome grill
- grill centre ( the Flying V in the centre of the grill mouth)
-trunk emblem (this is the chromed pot metal surrounding the latch with the raise Studebaker Champion letters inside it)
-lower front valance
-door edge kick plates
-aluminum head and dual intake to fit the 185
Please note I am looking for NOS or Excellent used only. I already have driver quality of these parts on my car. Are these still available bidding in people's basements or am I searching for hens teeth. Thank you for any leads and truely looking forward to York. Chris

We don't have any finned heads or dual manifolds, but might have some of the other parts. I'll look tomorrow.

I'm thinking of going to York for the same reasons. Even without finding what I need, it should be a site to see. I am putting in my wish list for a 64-65 dash only for my Cruiser. I'm looking for a very nice example with no cracks or cigarette burns? Do I have a shot? I hope so.

Possibly. We've got a stack of dashes and at least one NOS pad if you'd be interested in that. I'll see what I can come up with.

Both of you guys drop me an email at matthew@mystudebaker.com and I'll see what I can come up with.

55sedan
02-05-2017, 08:52 PM
matthew@mystudebaker.com[/email] and I'll see what I can come up with.

Thanks for taking the look Matthew. Email sent.

StudeRich
02-05-2017, 09:19 PM
55sedan: you will have to clarify what this is, as no one will know from this description: "door edge kick plates".

Carpet Sill Plates?
Kick Panels on each side under the dash?
Outside Door edge Guards Accessory?
Some kind of Trim on the Bottom of the Door Panels? :confused:

55sedan
02-05-2017, 10:02 PM
Sill plates

TX Rebel
02-06-2017, 10:34 AM
[QUOTE=SN-60;1037076]The grill parts are going to be tough to find NOS....however, NOS '55 STUDEBAKER CHAMPION deck lid handles are usually available!....Good luck!

So many folks want to find presentable chrome parts for their cars without paying the price for new chrome plating, but the supply NOS & clean used chrome items for 60 year-old cars is in short supply. Good NOS will usually cost as much as re-plating & seldom looks as good.