The Nice Guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Nice Guys

Just watched Russell Crowe and Ryan Gosling in "The Nice Guys" where they have a big end of the movie shoot out at a 70's NEW car show ... except they are crouching behind a shiny blue/green Studebaker Avanti! I didn't notice the bumpers so ... maybe ... it was period correct and an Avanti II, but I don't think so. Anyone else see it?

I have not seen it, but it would be easy to understand if the Scene was a recreation, that they would have gotten a bunch of 70's Cars and included a '63 or '64 Avanti and IF they knew, would have figured no one would notice whether it was a '66 or newer Avanti or a '63-'64 Studebaker Avanti!

There are a LOT worse errors with the correct Years of Movie Cars than that.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Interestingly, I just watched it on HBO the other night and totally missed the Avanti. I remembered a gaggle of random late-'60s-early '70s Toronado, Eldorado, Buick, Corvette, Lincoln, et al. I went back just now and fast-forwarded through to the shoot-out and there were three or four flashes of the Avanti. It was a square-headlight model, but nothing I saw would conclusively indicate the year.

jack vines
      PackardV8

Comment

The Avanti is an 81 with the cow catcher front bumpers removed powered by chevy LT1 corvette motor with 4L60e transmission. The movie was shot here in Atlanta a little more than a year ago. Pretty easy money for 5 days and it was kept inside the studio the whole time.

Comment

We discussed it here:

Mark L

Comment

Working...
          X