Avanti At Work/ Play, 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti At Work/ Play, 2017

Here's a few photos of my '83 Avanti "everyday driver" which I took after a small snowstorm we had up here in Boston a couple weeks ago. So far, the winter has let us off easy, but no doubt that will change!.......To: JEFF RICE (deepnhock),......I'll keep posting photos of winter driving in my '83 Avanti, as you've requested, as often as I can.....however, there really hasn't been much of that to photograph lately!
    Attached Files

Why would one toss an Avanti to the Sodium Sharks?
    '64 R2 back on da road again

Comment

Originally posted by Bills R2 View Post
      Well Bill, fact is an Avanti is the one Studebaker that laughs at "The Sodium Sharks"!!!....I understand that most folks only drive their Avantis when the sun shines (I have one like that), however, you'd probably be surprised how many folks smile and want to talk about this Avanti (and Studebaker) when they see me 'out there' actually DRIVING it EVERYDAY!

It's kind of like being a Studebaker 'Good Will Ambassador' for the last 20+ years!!!....I have many, many, pleasant memories, and have met and talked to many different people that admire the fact that I'm still DRIVING my Studebaker! (well, Avanti!)

Avantis were, after all, built to be DRIVEN!!!!

Comment

One more shot!
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bills R2 View Post
          …as do I. I drove my old '63 R1 in the snow but that was better than 45 years ago! I did drive it in the winter IF the roads/weather were clear.

Otherwise, it's sacrilege!

Comment

I'm not shocked at all. In fact, I'm wondering why there are no videos of smoky burnouts to along with these still shots. Smoke em if ya got em.
            sals54

Comment

Why the mismatched wheels?

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                Why the mismatched wheels?

Craig
                Those rears are my winter wheels & snow tires....the rear Magnum 500's are hibernating right now!

Comment

Originally posted by GrumpyOne View Post
                  …as do I. I drove my old '63 R1 in the snow but that was better than 45 years ago! I did drive it in the winter IF the roads/weather were clear.

Otherwise, it's sacrilege!
                  Driving a STUDEBAKER Avanti in the snow is a completely different animal....and not a very friendly one! (Too much weight up front)

Comment

Working...
                  X