Cool vintage drag racing Stude photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool vintage drag racing Stude photo

Taken at the now closed Bison Dragways near Winnipeg Manitoba sometime during the 60's:

Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Another:

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

Another:

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

Same car taken earlier:

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

Same car taken earlier:

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

Check that full floating rear end (truck?) in the top two pictures.

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

Check that full floating rear end (truck?) in the top two pictures.

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Comment

I'm liking it!

Chris Pile
                StudeFolk Manager
                Tiny, custom domain, branded, url shortener, edit URL redirect, tinylink
                The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I'm liking it!

Chris Pile
                  StudeFolk Manager
                  Tiny, custom domain, branded, url shortener, edit URL redirect, tinylink
                  The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

YES! Cool beans! Gotta' love the full floating rear axle as Dick points out, and the rear spring shackle/wheelie bar combo. 'Looks like he went from running D/Gas to E/Gas; perhaps that accounts for the rear end change? [?] Good photo post, Todd; thanks. BP
                    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

YES! Cool beans! Gotta' love the full floating rear axle as Dick points out, and the rear spring shackle/wheelie bar combo. 'Looks like he went from running D/Gas to E/Gas; perhaps that accounts for the rear end change? [?] Good photo post, Todd; thanks. BP
                      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

My favorite. Colson/Woods B/Gas '41 Champ coupe. Chevy power (injected) with Karmann Ghia front suspension. Ran mostly in the midwest. Held a record for class for a short time in 1963. This photo from a Pennzoil ad in Motor Trend of Feb 1963. Best time of 11.33 seconds at 131.78 mph. Not bad for 45 years ago! This car still had its original black paint when it was campaigning in the early '60's. I understand Ron Colson (Oregon, Illinois) still owns the car.

Richard Quinn
                        editor: Antique Studebaker Review
                        Richard Quinn
                        Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

My favorite. Colson/Woods B/Gas '41 Champ coupe. Chevy power (injected) with Karmann Ghia front suspension. Ran mostly in the midwest. Held a record for class for a short time in 1963. This photo from a Pennzoil ad in Motor Trend of Feb 1963. Best time of 11.33 seconds at 131.78 mph. Not bad for 45 years ago! This car still had its original black paint when it was campaigning in the early '60's. I understand Ron Colson (Oregon, Illinois) still owns the car.

Richard Quinn
                          Richard Quinn
                          Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel

Richard Quinn
                            Dick: What is the name of the business and town on the '41's rear fender, in back of the LR tire? I can read IL, but that's about it. [?] BP

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel

Richard Quinn
                              Dick: What is the name of the business and town on the '41's rear fender, in back of the LR tire? I can read IL, but that's about it. [?] BP

Comment

Working...
                              X