Really nice Speedster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really nice Speedster

Went to the local cruise-in wth my 53 coupe. There was a really nice Speedster there that they drove down from Canada to Arizona. Has a LS1 engine, interior modifications.

51 Studebaker Starlight State Commander Coupe
    53 Studebaker Starlight Regal Commander Coupe
    62 Volvo PV544 Sport

I agree!..That's a really nice Speedster!!....Any chance you "got the numbers"?

Comment

No, did not think to get the numbers. He lives in British Columbia Canada. Drives it down every year.
      62 Volvo PV544 Sport

Comment

Kind of a shame to hot rod a Speedster. One of the few Studebakers worth some money. I do like it but limits the resale. Unless it was missing a lot of parts and in rough shape then go for it.

Comment

Actually, it was a complete driving Speedster. He originally restored it as original. No rust on the car. In his words he got tried of it driving like an old car. Ls1, buckets, interior changes, new front end, Auto trans, discs all around.
          62 Volvo PV544 Sport

Comment

Sweet car! No matter what the modifications the guy made, it still looks like a Speedster, and gets driven lots....good on him! cheers, junior
            sigpic
            1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Originally posted by swvalcon View Post
              Kind of a shame to hot rod a Speedster. One of the few Studebakers worth some money. I do like it but limits the resale. Unless it was missing a lot of parts and in rough shape then go for it.
              I agree, and feel some special cars like this just should be left as the factory built them.

Comment

Beautiful car, modifications look to be well thought out and executed. I am envious of your weather! Cruise-ins and car shows are a few months away for us in the northeast.
                Dwight 54 Commander hardtop

Comment

Well at least he modified it from the way the factory built it and drives it, That seems to be what it's all about right? There are plenty restored speedsters out there, people want to see these cars,restored, customized, whatever, if you don't drive them (long distances or not,) whats the use of owning them? I love passing people in my Coupe express on the freeway,the looks I get when I go by are priceless, runs 70-95 MPH all day, no problem! Customizing limits the resale--- I DON'T THINK SO
                  Last edited by StudebakerGene; 01-30-2017, 09:35 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X