Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the easiest way to add cruise control to a 1964 Daytona with 259 bbl. carb. and overdrive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: What is the easiest way to add cruise control to a 1964 Daytona with 259 bbl. carb. and overdrive?

What is the easiest way to add cruise control to a 1964 Daytona with 259 4bbl. carb. and overdrive? I haven't been able to find any kits for cars this old that are still in production.

Rostra does many OEM applications and their aftermarket worked well on my Studebaker pickup. Not the cheapest, but the best I found.

http://www.rostra.com/how-does-elect...ntrol-work.php

jack vines
    PackardV8

Comment

Dear Jack, Thanks very much! I'm going on 65 with advanced Fibromyalgia and the muscles in my tight leg tighten up when I have my foot on the accelerator in one position for more than 10 minutes. When the muscles in my right leg tighten up, they pull my hamstring, which is very painful. However, If I can put this cruise control on my 1964 Studebaker Daytona with overdrive, I can drive it anywhere just like our newer Chrysler & Jeep. I figured rather than trial and mostly error on my part, someone here probably had this all scienced-out as it applies to Studebakers. Thanks again for the advice and the link. I and my Studie will be there in South Bend the first week in May!

Looks like I just need these 2 items for my 1964 Studebaker:

Step 1: Global Cruise Selection
      Part Number: 250-1223
      Part number 250-1223 (photos below) includes the universal Global Cruise servo motor, throttle cable, universal mounting brackets, wiring harness and hardware package for making electrical and throttle control connections. The servo motor mounts in the vehicle's engine bay.

Step 2: Control Switch Selection
      Part Number: Various
      At Rostra, we currently offer 15 different control switch options for engaging the Global Cruise system while driving. Click here to select a universal or specific control switch for your vehicle. Any cruise control switch from Rostra will adapt to the Global Cruise system.

And I'll have to call for prices.
      Last edited by edanna97; 01-31-2017, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Waaaay back in the day, I drove my 64 MGB across the country, from California to North Carolina. I used a dowel rod, cut to length so I could fit it between the gas pedal and the seat cushion. I could tweak it a little here and there to adjust the speed. Saved my foot and heel for the whole trip.
        Just as an aside... that was the trip that I left Long Beach in the morning, tried to rest in El Paso that night. To no avail. Hit the road again after an hour at a diner. Drove all night into Big Springs Texas, where I fell asleep at the wheel as the sun was rising. Did a 360 on the freeway, and THAT woke me up. But after 10 cups of coffee, hit the road again till I hit Jackson Mississippi, where I finally slept. Next day, drove the rest of the way to North Carolina. What a trip. And oh the foolishness of youth.
        sals54

Comment

The servo motor mounts in the vehicle's engine bay.
          On the unit I used, the servo motor is on a long cable and can be anywhere. On my C-cab, it's under the dash.

jack vines
          PackardV8

Comment

Working...
          X