Installing radiator support frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool/Heat: Installing radiator support frame

Hi all. I am rebuilding my 61 Hawk chassis from a bunch of parts (stored for thirty years !) and with due reference to the parts books. In the chassis parts manual group 0503-10 'Support', there is listed part number 304703 ' Spacer' - two required. Presumably this must be interposed between the frame rail and the radiator support mountings. Could somebody kindly identify / desctibe/measure /photograph this part for me please. I wouldn't know what this Spacer looked like now, even if i had it .
    Regards, Steve.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Studebaker Spacer.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	192.7 KB
ID:	1712184

Here is a photo of a NOS 304703 spacer that you were looking for. The dimensions are approximately 3/4" wide (along bottom edge) X 1" tall X 3/16" thick. The hole diameter is 3/8". They remind me a lot of the body shims that were and probably still are carried by autoparts stores, but perhaps not this thick. Anyway hope this helps.
    Last edited by dpson; 01-25-2017, 12:28 PM. Reason: corrected thickness to 3/16"
    Dan Peterson
    Montpelier, VT
    1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
    1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)

Comment

When doing sheetmetal alignment on my car, I had to adjust the distance between the core support and the frame. I ended up using a stack of normal washers and a few with a slot cut into them so they could easily be added or removed. Not saying mine is a better way but it did allow for more refined adjustments to fender alignment.
      Wayne
      "Trying to shed my CASO ways"

sigpic

Comment

Check with anywhere that sells auto body clips and bolts. They should have all kinds of different sizes and thickness of these. It's not a Stuudebaker part and all cars use them.

Comment

Hi Dan, Thanks greatly for your reply and especially for the photo and dimensions. This will really help. I reckon I have these little buggers somewhere, I swear I've seen 'em. Better go look !
          Regards Steve

Comment

Thanks for the tip Wayne- I have no doubt that my rebuild might likely benefit from a more 'fine adjustment' over the factory assembly.
            Steve

Comment

Hi- Thanks for the tip- They do look like front end alignment shims...
              Steve

Comment

Originally posted by swvalcon View Post
                Check with anywhere that sells auto body clips and bolts. They should have all kinds of different sizes and thickness of these. It's not a Stuudebaker part and all cars use them.
                Hi- Thanks for the tip- They do look like front end alignment shims...
                Steve

Comment

Working...
                X