help on car price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help on car price

I tried to get onto Hagerty and NADA collector car values but have been unsuccessful. Need to know the approximate value of a #1,2,3,4,5, respectively of a 1964 Ford Galaxy, 2 dr HT, 352, automatic. That's all I know about the car. I tried to find this for another person, have not seen the car, am not interested in buying this car but rather helping him. Any help would be appreciated just to give him an idea of price range. Ken, not at home in Deltaville, Va

thanks, was having trouble getting thru to the usual car price sites and was only interested in price range notwithstanding all of the plus and minus factors in coming to a figure. Ken
    Last edited by ken-renda; 01-17-2017, 10:44 AM.

This isn't going to be much help. Generally NADA is unrealistically high and Hagerty is more in the ball park (but usually high also relative to actual selling prices). In this case, NADA is substantially lower than Hagerty. A better "guess" might be to search "completed listings" on eBay for cars that have actually sold. Looking at "asking prices" doesn't help much with real market values.

Hagerty...

https://www.hagerty.com/apps/valuati...e_500?id=39987

NADA...

http://www.nadaguides.com/Classic-Ca...astback/Values
    Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

The only way to know what "it's worth" is to see it, inspect it and drive it. The 1-5 condition ratings are very subjective and don't consider things like a rust free body with no running gear vs a drivable rust bucket or "matching numbers" vs not matching or how well the body/paint work has been done or how the economy is doing at the time or many, many other factors. Hemmings has a rough guide for high, low and average prices and you could probably interpolate an approximate value from their data.
      https://www.hemmings.com/price-guide/checkprices *

*For some reason, the link doesn't show that this range is for a 1964 Ford Galaxy 500........

Comment

Try collectorcarmarketreview. Their prices give a fair approximation of value for driver quality cars as long as you are realistic as to condition
        IMHO, Hagerty prices are good for collector cars. As far as condition goes, few cars are #2 and even fewer are #1.
        78 Avanti RQB 2792
        64 Avanti R1 R5408
        63 Avanti R1 R4551
        63 Avanti R1 R2281
        62 GT Hawk V15949
        56 GH 6032504
        56 GH 6032588
        55 Speedster 7160047
        55 Speedster 7165279

Comment

This is one of those threads that people wonder why it was deleted. There is no Ford Forums?
          Mike - Assistant Editor, Turning Wheels
          Fort Worth, TX

Comment

"This is one of those threads that people wonder why it was deleted. There is no Ford Forums?"

I agree. Stove Huggers is where this belongs

Comment

Put the year and model in google. It will pull up listings for all relevant in Hemmings. There ya go. Maybe it will have some close to what you want, maybe not... but given, the car, I suspect you'll find something to start with. Condition, etc, of course, are another issue as has already been stated or implied. Next time, I'd try a vintage Ford sight, though, as also alluded to. Heaven only knows how MANY there must be!!! Best of luck!

Comment

Working...
              X