1960 Hawk - Adding Seatbelts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: 1960 Hawk - Adding Seatbelts

Can anyone advise my son and I on the best way to install seat belts in his 60 Hawk. Concerned about where to attach them to the body without welding.
    Dick Riley aka Mattzdad

Lap belts usually come with large washers, you drill a couple of holes in the floor, put the screw through the hole, put the washers on, run the nut up.

Three point, If his Hawk is a C body, mount it on the B pillar, if a K body, I can't help, I don't know.

Comment

Tip: push the seats all the way back, and then drill the holes so that the belts drop vertically from the seat bottom. This assumes that the belts will be routed between the seat back and bottom. On bucket seats, it's sometimes better to route them around from the sides.
      Skip Lackie

Comment

do a forum search, as there are threads on this topic. for my c-body car I was able to install front and rear shoulder belts into the car with a finished interior. I did not keep notes, but can remember that I fished a length of 1/8 thick 3/4 angle iron about 10" long up the b-pillar. the angle had a nut welded to it to mount the top anchor point for the front shoulder straps. it was a PITA job, but worked out well. I put mid 90's Chevy Cavalier shoulder belts in the rear...they worked out well too. both installs required no welding to the car itself, all welding was done on the work bench. I have no digital photos of the work and all the brackets I made...only have digital photos of the completed work. not fun, but it is possible. cheers, junior
        sigpic
        1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

I just did a google search and actually came up with this...forgot I even started this thread. Hopefully will give you some ideas to run with. cheers, junior

sigpic
          1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Here's mine:

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06679.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	130.0 KB
ID:	1712008Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06678.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	132.9 KB