Parts,parts,parts....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: Parts,parts,parts....

Was surfing the Studebaker Intl catalog the other day for parts needed for the 1960 Lark 2door hardtop, and came across something I had not even thought of. Windshield solvent nozzles, and reservoir plus necessary hose ect. They have various kits available, but trying to figure out where the Lark fits in always confuses me a little. Is it a sedan, or a C or a K model. It looks like they have kits available depending on battery bracket. Is this what I need??? It looks like in my parts that came with vehicle I have both the foot pump, and the foot pump with switch and wires. I do have a glass jar with a vacuum port on top. Don't know if this is for this vehicle as I have never seen it in catalog.

Keith confused in Colorado.

Larks are sedans. For the purpose of answering your question, C and K are Hawk types.
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Thanks for the info. I am glade you answered because I also have the original radio I would like to get serviced and upgraded. Is this something you would do?

Keith

Comment

Originally posted by Keithsmcc View Post
        Thanks for the info. I am glade you answered because I also have the original radio I would like to get serviced and upgraded. Is this something you would do?

Keith
        My email is in my profile. If you send me an email please, we can discuss what you need. Regards.
        RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
        4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
        5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

I don't know what kind of reservoir (bag or bottle) came original with the 60' Larks. I do know they take the nozzles that require drilling into the cowl if not already there. The later cowls (61-66') take the mounted nozzles and bottle....

Comment

C is a Coupe, with frames around the windows.
            K is the Hardtop, with no frames, just chrome trim on the windows.
            South Lompoc Studebaker

Comment

The 59/60 Lark Hardtop is a J body code. But StudeRich will probably correct me on something I missed.

Look for the year specific Lark stuff you need.

I'm pretty sure the 60 Lark had a bag under the hood with a foot pump. The nozzles that I have removed from salvage cars were actually mounted in the HOOD, not the cowl. Again, this may be one of those DEALER installed items and they placed them wherever they wanted to, kind of like the radio antenna and the exterior rear-view mirrors.

I am planning on installing the washers on my Lark, but I will install an electric pump and a remote button under the dash and a more modern washer bottle. Gotta fix my wipers first...... (Rain-X is your friend!!!)
              Dis-Use on a Car is Worse Than Mis-Use...
              1959 Studebaker Lark VIII 2DHTP

Comment

I have a 60 Lark parts car. also will have some left over parts from car I'm building.

Comment

The Twin Nozzles used on '53 to '60 Sedans/Wagons & Larks do mount in the Cowl & connect to the Soft Bag with the special Cap, Hose, Filter, mounting bracket etc. with the hose to either the Manual Bellows Pump or the Electric Wiper turn-ON variety of Bellows Pump.
                  If Battery mounting it, you also need the Studebaker Lark Battery Hold Down and "J" Bolt.

All of the Studebaker Factory approved Accessories are shown and listed in the front of the '59-'64 Body Parts Catalog.

The S.I. Catalog was never intended to be the final word (Bible) on Correct applications of Studebaker Parts, merely a listing of what is available today to help you locate to purchase the Part Numbers from the Studebaker Parts Catalogs, that you need.

And NO the Large Bottle reservoirs were not used on Studebakers, just other Makes and aftermarket Washer Systems.

The Factory and Dealer installed Kits did have a Triangular Glass bottle of Washer Fluid to refill the Bag reservoir with, on metal clips mounted on the inner fender panel.
                  Last edited by StudeRich; 01-16-2017, 08:56 PM.
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

My '60 wagon has the bag holder on the firewall just below the vent cable bolted to the lip, the nozzles on the cowl and the foot pump (missing but the lines are there).

Comment

Working...
                    X