FYI- Peg Trucking is done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FYI- Peg Trucking is done

I am writing to let you all know that effective 2/28/2017 I am shutting my business down. Let me say thank you for all the interesting transports some of you have gotten me in to. Never a dull moment with Studebakers and classic cars. I have been doing this since 1984 and we went off on our own in 1993. Thank you for letting me be a part of all of this. Where I am going only God knows. Sometimes you just have to listen to that little inner voice inside of all of this and follow your heart.

Again THANKS!

Peg

Peg,
    Say it isn't so!

Peg has moved a lot of cars for me and for buyers of my cars. Her latest move for me was a non-op car from Wisconsin to Bellingham. Fast, no problems, great price, professional drivers and equipment.

Thank YOU Peg, for helping to make the hobby enjoyable for me and a lot of others.

You'll be missed.

(you could at least tell us who is SECOND best in the business )
    Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Sorry to hear you are shutting down, but all of us have to stop sometime. The one time I used your service it was great. Please offer a good alternative if you have one.
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

You are a legend of sorts in the car hauling business. Enjoy life!
        Mike - Assistant Editor, Turning Wheels
        Fort Worth, TX

Comment

Now that you are leaving the industry... Can you provide us with a decent referral?
          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Thank you for safely getting my '63 Avanti to NC in 2009! Best of luck in the future!
            edp/NC
            \'63 Avanti
            \'66 Commander

Comment

Thanks Peg,

You moved three cars for me from So. California to VT and MA and just from those moves I can't imagine all the hassles you go through day in and day out in getting everything lined up with the sellers, the buyers, the truckers, etc.

Take care, best wishes in the future!
              Dan Peterson
              Montpelier, VT
              1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
              1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)

Comment

Thanks for the professional service you provided for us, Peg! You moved several cars to and from here, always without a hitch!
                sigpic
                Dave Lester

Comment

Peg helped me move a lot of cars and never had any issues. Thanks and hope you enjoy a well earned retirement.
                  Richard Quinn
                  Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Remember all good things come to an end and the crap lives on, remember 1963? need I say more?
                    Candbstudebakers
                    Castro Valley,
                    California

Comment

Very, very sorry to read this Peg. Now whom am I going to recommend to someone who wants to move a car? Thank you for being there for so very long. thirty-odd years must have added up to a lot of miles!
                      Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                      Ron Smith
                      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

I have a 59 wagon in Aztec NM that needs to come to the So Side of Chicago . No hurry since the seller and I had a storage agreement knowing I'm in no hurry . Ed

Comment

OK here is an update on just who to call to help you all with your transport needs. I have worked many years with this carrier and they do an awesome job. They have many trucks and run around the country. The Owner is Steve and he can be reached @920-602-8032. Company is Always Haulin. He has approached me about buying out the name Peg Trucking so I will keep you all posted on that end of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Halibrand1 View Post
                            I have a 59 wagon in Aztec NM that needs to come to the So Side of Chicago . No hurry since the seller and I had a storage agreement knowing I'm in no hurry . Ed
                            Let me know when you are ready and I am sure we can get it taken care of Ed.

Comment

Excellent.

It's always good to have a recommendation from a competitor to whom business can be referred for former customers.

Thanks for that lead. BP
                              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                              X