Donating My Racing Avanti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donating My Racing Avanti

Hi everyone, my latest status is I have contacted the Studebaker National Foundation and indicated to them that I want to donate my racing Avanti to their organization, they are excited to receive it, The plan is to give them the Pink Slip for ownership, then they will loan it to the Studebaker National Museum and to other museum across the USA. I have contacted a company that can appraise the value of my car for a IRS deduction, they will be here to see the car in 2 week. Also, my co-driver Mike Benbenick and I are taking my Avanti to the Studebaker International car show on May 3 thru 6th, then hopefully have the SNF put the car in the SNM for display. I feel this will be a fitting place for my car that I bought new in 1963 for the public to see and the SNF has a policy to never sell my car. So Mike and I are looking forward to the car show and hope to see some of our friends there and meet new ones, It really has been a very special ride for 23 years of racing, take care and enjoy 2017, Dave Bloomberg "Avanti Kid Racing"

Bravo Dave!

Comment

Cool, thank you for your generosity to Studebaker lovers to follow.
      Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Fantastic!! Great move from a fellow Sidewinder.
        Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
        '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
        '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
        '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

Great decision, Dave. I look forward to seeing your very special Avanti at this year's South Bend meet.
          Cheers, Bill

Comment

Dave, that is a wonderful way to go out. I feel so privileged to have met you and your wonderful team at Bonneville, and to have seen your car. What a great story all around. It is great that the car will remain on display for others to appreciate.
            Ed Sallia
            Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Way cool. Look forward to seeing it in May! Your extreme kindness is appreciated.
              Mike - Assistant Editor, Turning Wheels
              Fort Worth, TX

Comment

That's great, Dave. Thanks for your "super-generousness" to our marque and hobby. BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                X