My 1950 Champion Starlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1950 Champion Starlight

My dad posted this on Facebook so I thought I would post it on the forum as well. We are finishing up my 1950 Champion Starlight. This car has brought me and my dad back together in away that I never thought possible. It also is what got me into the Studebaker world and has got me in touch with the Studebaker family. Thank you for all the support I have gotten in restoring this car. We are planning to have it completed in the spring of this year.
    Attached Files

Lookin Good My Friend
    Mabel 1949 Champion
    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    The Prez 1955 President State
    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
    Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
    Fresno,Ca

Comment

Originally posted by Anne F. Goodman View Post
      Lookin Good My Friend
      Thanks Anne and Thank you and Dave again for figuring out why it wouldn't start. :-)

Comment

Awesome looking car. My Dad and I are just starting the restoration on his 50 Starlight. Even going to be the same color as yours.

I fully appreciate what you mean about bringing you and your Dad closer together. We just finished my Hawk last fall and couldn't wait to get started on his. The evenings since finishing my car seemed empty when we didn't spend and hour or so in the shop working on the car together.
        Wayne
        "Trying to shed my CASO ways"

sigpic

Comment

Looks nice, and it looks like you had an extra nice car to start with. Will the front bumper be going back on? They just don't look finished without it, even though some do leave them off. In my state the front bumper is the law, or at least it was in the 60's when I didn't have a front bumper on my 55 Chevy for a short time.

Comment

Nice looking car. It has got to be exciting to be getting close to having it on the road.
            "In the heart of Arkansas."
            Searcy, Arkansas
            1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
            1952 2R pickup

Comment

That's very nice. We can always use more pictures,....
              I see you ditched the spot light. I have to say I like them.

Dean.

Comment

Originally posted by TWChamp View Post
                Looks nice, and it looks like you had an extra nice car to start with. Will the front bumper be going back on? They just don't look finished without it, even though some do leave them off. In my state the front bumper is the law, or at least it was in the 60's when I didn't have a front bumper on my 55 Chevy for a short time.
                We do plan on putting the front bumper back on. We just haven't got it straightened and re-chromed. I like to keep things original as much as possible. If it rolled out of the factory that way that is how it should stay. I know others wont agree with me on that but that is how I like my cars.

Comment

Working...
                X