Badge Identification Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Badge Identification Help

My thoughtful step-daughter in Fort Wayne, IN gave me this wonderful Studebaker badge for Christmas. It appears to be made of brass with white and black inlay with what appears to be some kind of red reflective material in the spokes. It measures approximately 2 3/4 inches across from tip to tip, and the circle diameter is about 2 1/4 inches. While I'm certain its pre-war (perhaps pre-WW1), any information someone can provide about the models and years Studebaker would have used this on would be greatly appreciated. All she knew was that it came from eBay.

Click image for larger version

Name:	stude badge front.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	1753319 Click image for larger version

Name:	stude badge back.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	1753320
    Last edited by StudeNewby; 01-03-2017, 04:28 PM. Reason: correction
    Mike Davis
    1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

These look like the Original Grill Emblems, they were Baked Ceramic on Steel on early Cars.
    Sorry I have no knowledge of years of Pre-War Cars.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

That's neat Mike, lucky guy!

When Richard Quinn sees this, he should be able to tell you the year, model, body style, and maybe even the serial number of the car it came off of. OK, maybe not the serial number, but never say never when Richard Quinn is concerned.
      Paul
      Winston-Salem, NC
      Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

I've always wished someone would make an identical size shirt badge.

Comment

You read my mind, Paul. He's probably finding a pic of the car it came off of right now.

Originally posted by r1lark View Post
          That's neat Mike, lucky guy!

When Richard Quinn sees this, he should be able to tell you the year, model, body style, and maybe even the serial number of the car it came off of. OK, maybe not the serial number, but never say never when Richard Quinn is concerned.
          Mike Davis
          1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

That style is called cloisonne' or similar to it. I think Stude used it in the 1930's.
            Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Working...
            X