Need a 1950 starlight trunk hinge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a 1950 starlight trunk hinge

Dad's car has the wrong type on trunk hinge installed on the drivers side. Looking for a correct hinge to replace it. Anyone have one or know a vendor that would have one?

Thanks
    Wayne
    Last edited by wdills; 01-03-2017, 02:00 PM.
    Wayne
    "Trying to shed my CASO ways"

sigpic

What type of car does he have?

Comment

Originally posted by royvaldez View Post
      What type of car does he have?
      He said a '50 Starlight. I don't have a '47 - '52 parts catalog, are they all the same or do some use a different drivers side hinge than others?

Mark
      sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

Comment

Oops,
        forgot to say Champion Starlight.
        Wayne

sigpic

Comment

Wayne, may have a NOS one -- I remember having some trunk hinges from the '47 - '52 cars but need to check for this one specifically. Will be tonight however before I can check.
          Paul
          Winston-Salem, NC
          Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
          Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Awesome, let me know.
            Wayne

sigpic

Comment

You can only use from a Business Coupe and Starlight. Others will not work.

Comment

Aren't the 2 dr sedan trunk hinges also compatible? I know the 4 dr sedan, Landcruiser and convertible hinges are different.
                Originally posted by royvaldez View Post
                You can only use from a Business Coupe and Starlight. Others will not work.
                sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
                1950 Champion Convertible
                1950 Champion 4Dr
                1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
                1957 Thunderbird

Comment

Wayne, unfortunately I do not have one. The p/n is 285497 and as Roy mentions is for only the Starlight (5 passenger Champion and Commander) and the business coupe. Hope you come across one!
                  Paul
                  Winston-Salem, NC
                  Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
                  Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Originally posted by thunderations View Post
                    Aren't the 2 dr sedan trunk hinges also compatible? I know the 4 dr sedan, Landcruiser and convertible hinges are different.
                    There are four basic 47-42 trunk hinges. Two (left and right) for the coupes (5 pass and 3 pass) and two (left and right) for sedans/convertibles/Land Cruisers. The part numbers changed in 1952, but the hinges should interchange.

Again, the hinge categories are left/right, coupes/others.
                    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Working...
                    X