Another pricey '64 Superhawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another pricey '64 Superhawk

Here is one that is sold. Does not say it sold for $39,900, but that was the asking price.

I think this one was noted on the forum a while ago (not mine!)
    Last edited by Dan White; 01-02-2017, 11:22 AM.
    Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT
    58 C Cab
    57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

This is the ONLY GT Hawk Factory ordered with Avanti Red (Maroon) iridescent paint, restored by Mike Myer.

It looks like $40.000.00
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I have to agree with that, don't know if the Color reflects any on value ?

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
      This is the ONLY GT Hawk Factory ordered with Avanti Red (Maroon) iridescent paint, restored by Mike Myer.

It looks like $40.000.00
      Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Color is a Very big Deal when it comes to sale-ability and Value of a car.

Well look at it this way, if it were a '63 GT Hawk painted that Spring Color Mint Green, called Seaspray Green P-6326.

Assume you were looking for a nice GT Hawk and had the cash, would you even consider buying it at all!

Click image for larger version

Name:	63 Seaspray Green R1_59 Lark Seamist.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	134.7 KB
ID:	1711822 A sporty Hawk THAT Color would be very rare, but there is a good reason for that. I sure would RUN the other way!
        Last edited by StudeRich; 01-02-2017, 12:31 PM.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

As for the 64, it's not that I don't like the Color "I do" just wonder if any one would be hyped up enough to pay more $$$ for it because it's the only one painted Maroon from the Factory. as for the 63, I would certainly consider it being that Color "I kinda like it,but would have to have a Black interior" - though other Colors would trump that Green.

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
          Well look at it this way, if it were a '63 GT Hawk painted that Spring Color Mint Green, called Seaspray Green P-6326.

Assume you were looking for a nice GT Hawk and had the cash, would you even consider buying it at all!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]61008[/ATTACH] A sporty Hawk THAT Color would be very rare, but there is a good reason for that. I sure would RUN the other way!
          Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

It's a beautiful car, but the fact that it's a rare color, doesn't change the fact that a '64 GT Hawk is just worth so much money? To me it wouldn't be worth any more than another Hawk in similar condition. I don't know of any Hawk is worth $40000. Just my 2 cents.
            Rog
            '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
            Smithtown,NY
            Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

If the car is as nice in person as in the pictures you couldn't buy a 64 hawk and restore it that nice for that kind of money unless you did all the work yourself. Just look at some of the times thrown out there as far as time invested on some of these restore TV shows and add parts and $100 or more per man hour on time spent. $40,000 goes by real fast.

Comment

Originally posted by swvalcon View Post
                If the car is as nice in person as in the pictures you couldn't buy a 64 hawk and restore it that nice for that kind of money unless you did all the work yourself. Just look at some of the times thrown out there as far as time invested on some of these restore TV shows and add parts and $100 or more per man hour on time spent. $40,000 goes by real fast.
                That is all true, but that does not equate to value/price. It is EASY to spend way more on a car than what fair market value is/will be.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Sometimes documentation is worth more then the car. Who owned it originally? What event did it appear at or win? Is it a "one off" or one of a few made?
                  People that collect "Documented" cars will pay for that documentation. Why is the last Avanti worth more then the next to last? If you deleted the documentation, they are probably of equal value if in the same condition.
                  This GT Hawk has a lot going for it as far as I'm concerned. Full package car. Very few R1's built. Really nice color. Nice restoration that most likely cost as much as they are asking for the car. Turn Key, ready to roll.
                  If you're just looking for a nice driver to roar around in and modify to your liking, then a car like this is not what you are looking for and you may not appreciate what it is.
                  You may just want to see what a decent, generic, 64 GT's value is in the same condition. This may be a very good buy for the future.
                  sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
                  1950 Champion Convertible
                  1950 Champion 4Dr
                  1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
                  1957 Thunderbird

Comment

Was that Canadian money ? Big difference with the low Canadian dollar.. Sure is a nice car and I love it .. Id rather have AC then the supercharger on my Hawk .. My son disagrees with me on that one lol ..
                    Love my Lark

Comment

THEN, a function in time. THAN, a comparison. Just saying. Sorry, my OCD.

This '64 R1 looks like Lou Van Anne's car, his is an R2, but appears to be the same color and top.

Comment

Lou had the second post but it disappeared? It is not his car although yes same color but R2. No it is not Canadian money. The price was up there for some time before it sold and it is a US site.
                        Dan White
                        64 R1 GT
                        64 R2 GT
                        58 C Cab
                        57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

Now for the rest of the story for those inquiring minds:
                          I bought the car in 2015. It was purchased in Canada with US dollars for less than the advertised price.
                          It was ordered and built for Bob Fellows who owned the Studebaker dealership in Tampa, FL. The build sheet shows that it was painted Avanti Maroon and had a RUSH on the order because it was SOLD.
                          Bob Fellows sold it in 2004 to the next owners. In 2007 Myer’s Studebaker started the frame off restoration. I have all the itemized work sheets, all 35 of them. The restoration was $45,000.00.
                          The car won 1st place at the 2008 Lancaster meet. The car was then sold to the 3rd owners, the people that I bought it from.
                          Needless to say it is a GREAT looking driver which gets lots of complements.
                          Attached Files
                          Never raise your hands to your children, it leaves your groin unprotected.- Red Buttons

'63 Avanti R2
                          '14 Boxster
                          '64 GT Hawk R1 JT
                          '37 Dictator Coupe
                          '37 Dictator Coupe "slight custom"

Comment

When going through production orders I noticed close to a half dozen GTs painted Avanti maroon. This may be the only Avanti powered GT that color but not the only GT in that color.

Comment

Thanks for the update Redbox .. One beautiful car that is for sure ..
                              Love my Lark

Comment

Working...
                              X