60 lark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60 lark

If you try a jpeg Image, it may open here.

What about the '60? Lark?

UPDATE:
    I found that a RIGHT Click, and then click on: "Open image in a New Tab" worked for me to go to a Photobucket Page of a restoration in progress on a '60 Lark VIII Hardtop.

To be 100% correct, you would need a 1960 Water Manifold and Thermostat Housing because the '61-'64 2 Bolt Type Type you have, will not fit the Upper Rad. Hose and Radiator for a '60, also the Valve Covers would be Black, even though Red looks better.

Nice looking Car, VERY Nice work! I can see that it took a LOT of welding and patchwork to restore it.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 12-28-2016, 02:09 PM. Reason: Add RIGHT CLICK info
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thanks for the input. I was trying to see how to post pictures did not do very well. Wish I had your insight on the radiator hose along time ago it was very difficult to get the right hose, haha. It is a lot farther than that at this point will try to post more pictures if I can figure it out.

Keith

Comment

The issue was posting a slide show instead of individual pictures. This venue works better with individual stills than slide shows. Still, the progress looks really good at this point. The engine is beautiful! However I think the valve covers should be either black or yellow. I'm not absolutely sure, but I believe red was for Che-be.

Last edited by studeclunker; 12-29-2016, 12:00 PM.
        Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
        K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
        Ron Smith
        Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Keith, from the details in the slide show, I can tell that this is a very high quality restoration. Good job.

Comment

Ron and other's who may want to know; the Red/Orange was used on 1961 Valve Covers.
            StudeRich
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
              Ron and other's who may want to know; the Red/Orange was used on 1961 Valve Covers.
              StudeRich, funny you should mention that because it seems like there is both 60 (being dominate) and 61 parts for this vehicle. Like for instant the rear chrome for the quarter glass has a sticker that states it is 61 lark? Is there a difference? It is not installed I am hoping to get all chrome finished polished and installed real soon. Hopefully pictures to follow

Comment

I've always thought that the '61 V8s were the best looking engines, with the silver block/heads and red valve covers.

And before one of the nit-pickers assail me.......yes, I understand that this is a '60 Lark and those are '61 engine colors -- but I still like the silver/red scheme.
                Paul
                Winston-Salem, NC
                Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
                Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

If you are talking about the Chromed Pot Metal Belt Moulding below the Rear Quarter Window, it is likely different due to the completely different Roofline, Quarter Windows and Rear Glass on '61's.

The '59-'64 Studebaker Body Parts Catalog would tell you for sure.

Sorry, this is the Only '61 Hardtop Photo I have, and it does not show it very well.
                  StudeRich
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

1961 Lark hardtop rear upper die cast moldings - 1338972 Right and 1338973 Left - fit 1961 only, period. These taper to a point at the rear, very unlike earlier or later styles.
                    (And, likely due to a supply and demand situation, these two part numbers are still available. I just bought a pair for my most recently acquired '61 Hardtop.)

Comment

Thanks for all the good comments. The vehicle is much farther than these pictures show. Must figure out how to post pictures soon. The chrome that I am referring to is the rear quarter glass that goes on top of the glass below the drip rail. It looks like it will fit in the area, but right now the glass in installed for fitting purposes. Like I posted once before we received this car as a complete basket case in boxes with no instructions included. It has sat for too many years and I would like to finish soon. Wish me luck.

Comment

Showroom poster from 1960. Also double page spread in LIFE and LOOK.

Click image for larger version

Name:	60 LOOK ad1 copy2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	1711771
                        Richard Quinn
                        Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
                          Showroom poster from 1960. Also double page spread in LIFE and LOOK.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]60916[/ATTACH]
                          How could you not buy one!

Comment

I think I got it. The chrome pieces seem to fit in the right area, but say 61 Lark. The rest are just some update (though dusty) of progress.Click image for larger version

Name:	studebaker.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	1711790Click image for larger version

Name:	trim 2.jpg
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	1711791Click image for larger version

Name:	studebaker.jpg
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	1711790Click image for larger version

Name:	engine compartment 2.jpg
Size:	125.0 KB
ID:	1711792Click image for larger version

Name:	front view.jpg
Size:	136.3 KB
ID:	1711793Click image for larger version

Name:	interior.jpg
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	1711794Click image for larger version

Name:	side view.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	1711795

Comment

Fortunately for you that part is mis-marked and NOT a '61 Lark part.

Comment

Working...
                              X