Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Sleigh

This appeared on Barn Finds...
    Is the owner correct...manufacturer..value?

While I was hunting for the perfect Christmas sleigh, I came across this really amazing sleigh. Long before Studebaker was building unique cars, they were building carriages and even sleighs. This 2 seat sleigh is from the late 1800's, well at least that's what the seller believes, and is definitely the oldest Studebaker barn find...
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Very cool Jim. Thanks for posting.
    Mike - Assistant Editor, Turning Wheels
    Fort Worth, TX

Comment

That's an awfully high price for a sleigh in this condition. See, this kind of thing might get used a handful of times a year. Hence, people aren't willing to pay so much for them.
      I wish the seller luck. However, this is the season, so someone might actually pick it up.
      Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Here's a nice Studebaker buggy to go along with the sleigh.
        About 25 years ago I had a chance to buy a mint Studebaker buggy for $900, but had no horse to pull it.

Comment

Wayyyyy too much money for the Buggy! It needs major work and I can see that even in the very poor picture the owner included. Also, the lamps are in the wrong position. They are carried on a buggy to be seen, for the most part, not to see. So the back, red, light can't be seen there. Besides, that's a good place to get them broken. the seller doesn't seem to know what they are doing and likely I would be suspicious of the vehicle actually being a Studebaker. By the by, did you know that reproduction maker's tags for Studebaker vehicles can be had? So just because a vehicle has the tag, doesn't guarantee it actually is a Studebaker. Look under the seat. The dealer would put a round tag there. No round tag, likely not a Studebaker. One can also check the axle spindles.
          Well there I am nattering along again. Sorry about that.

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
          K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
          Ron Smith
          Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Working...
          X