Interior Compatibilit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: Interior Compatibilit

I have access to a freshly restored 1954 Studebaker coupe Interior. Will it fit, (door panels included, in my 1963 GT Hawk without major modification, or is it a plpe dream ?🤔
    thx

I think everything should fit except for the headliner and even that would if you where to rework the sail panels of the roof section.

Comment

problem

The bottom cushion of the rear seat of the coupe body won't interchange into a hard-top car as a hard-top car has an x-tra reinforcement piece spanning from side to side about 2 inches high. I suppose to aid in structural rigity. The front part of the the cushion/seat bottom. of the GT/ vs Coupe is about a couple inches lower in height. Coupe body cars don't have this structual piece as the front part of the seat cushions of a coupe body's car sits directly on the floor. Maybe somebody else can explain it better. Oh well, I tried. cheers jimmijim
      sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Originally posted by jimmijim8 View Post
        The bottom cushion of the rear seat of the coupe body won't interchange into a hard-top car as a hard-top car has an x-tra reinforcement piece spanning from side to side about 2 inches high. I suppose to aid in structural rigity. The front part of the the cushion/seat bottom. of the GT/ vs Coupe is about a couple inches lower in height. Coupe body cars don't have this structual piece as the front part of the seat cushions of a coupe body's car sits directly on the floor. Maybe somebody else can explain it better. Oh well, I tried. cheers jimmijim
        HEY jimmijim8! Happy to see your post! Haven't seen you posting for months. Hope you have been well. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!
        (sorry for going off topic. But, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to welcome back an absent forum member.)
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

As Jim says.. The rear seat won't fit. The door/interior panels also will not interchange between a Coupe and Hardtop.

So the only thing that might actually fit your GT Hawk is the front bench seat. And even then.. Why would you want to put an older bench seat interior in a GT Hawk?

Comment

The rear carpet won't fit either, the '53-54 Coupe footwells are about twice the size.

What color is the interior? If you don't get it my dad has a '53 coupe that needs an interior.

Comment

Seems like a pretty good answer to me!!
              THX

Comment

Interior color

Orange and White, not exactly a factory pattern (tuck and roll), but an homage to the first Avanti I almost bought!

Comment

Long story. Let's leave it at 'I'm bringing 3 cars back from the dead.

Comment

Working...
                  X