LOOKING FOR '55-'61 Hawk dashboard for my '54 coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: LOOKING FOR '55-'61 Hawk dashboard for my '54 coupe

Does anyone have a '55 to '61 Hawk dashboard with the turned aluminum overlay that you would be willing to sell? I want to install it in my '54 coupe hot rod. I would be willing to travel a reasonable distance from the northern part of Virginia to pick it up or I would pay for shipping.

Thanks,

Pete
    Pete R
    Woodbridge, VA
    1954 Studebaker Commander Regal Starlight Coupe with '62 289 and 4-speed
    1964 Studebaker Avanti R5083 R2 4-speed with 4.09:1 Twin Traction

check your PMs

Comment

The last 1954 Starliner that I sold was a modified car with a Hawk dash and bucket seats, etc. The new owner said that he did not like the dash. Different strokes for different folks. I assume that he had the dash removed.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I'm going to keep the original bench seat but sure like the look of the later dash. I tell people I'm building my "high school hot rod." Actually when I was in high school a good friend of mine had a '53 coupe with 289 and the later dash. That car provided my first ride in a Studebaker. Nice Studebaker memories.
        Pete R
        Woodbridge, VA

Comment

If you are looking for a "Hawk" Dash don't bother with '55's, as except the rare President Speedsters, they were not machine turned looking. And NO Hawks until 1956.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I have a '56 Power Hawk with the standard turned dash. I'm thinking of replacing the aluminum with, preferably some kind of burl, wood. All the instruments, etc. would remain in the same places. If I do that, I will keep the original aluminum dash front in case I want to change back. Does anyone have any pictures of that being done?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	00000+jay+avanti+brown+4.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	1711689The fiberglass holes behind the overlay are larger than the instruments. Unless you use a thick slab of burl, the best way would to glue the burl to the overlay. That way the instruments will still fit without breaking through.
              The Avantis are the same way.Click image for larger version

ID:	1711689Click image for larger version

ID:	1711689
              Last edited by bezhawk; 12-26-2016, 09:53 AM.
              Bez Auto Alchemy
              573-318-8948
              http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Thanks to all for the help. This great forum came through again and led me to a '56 Hawk dash within reasonable driving distance of my home. I'll be going to get it on Wednesday. It will be a great addition to my '54 coupe.
                Pete R
                Woodbridge, VA

Comment

Sam If you really want your dash to look nice prime the overlay with epoxy and when sanded to perfection have it coated with a burl wood decal by a hydro print shop and clear coated.

Comment

Working...
                  X