Wardsauto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wardsauto

Studebaker Seeks Empire; New Jeep Models; Auto Payrolls at New High; 1957 Production Up; New T'bird Unveiled; 'Sensational'  Chrysler Auto-Pilot; Toyota Aims for No. 2; '68 Safety, Smog Costs; AMC, Gulton EV; Toyota-GM J-car Talks; Camaro redesigned; Alfa Struggles

Robert Kapteyn

What a difference a few years make!
    Bob
    Welland Ontario
    60 Lark Convertible
    64 Daytona
    sigpic
    "They were meant to be driven ... so keep on cruizin"

Comment

Wow! I thought this would be a REAL Flash to the past, from Montgomery Wards!

Never heard of "Wards", must be a East Coast thing.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

1992: "An Alfa spokesman says that dealers also are experiencing a decline in service business “because our cars don’t break anymore.” and
        KURTRUK
        (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

It's a pity that the AMC electric never came to market. Likely was too expensive to be marketable.

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
          K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
          Ron Smith
          Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
            Wow! I thought this would be a REAL Flash to the past, from Montgomery Wards! Never heard of "Wards", must be a East Coast thing.
            That was also my initial reaction, Rich; something to do with Montgomery-Ward stores.

However, I quickly realized it was a report from Wards Automotive, an internal industry newspaper of long standing, a competitor to the more widely-known Automotive News.

There is a slight difference between the two publications: Wards Automotive tends to dwell more on specifics as to industry production and technical data, whereas Automotive News tends to report more on makes, models, industry trends, and personnel changes at or near the top.

There is considerable overlap between them however; both are quality publications. They just aren't too well known outside the industry because they aren't mass-market consumer oriented. BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
            X