headliner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• headliner

You guy's will never believe what I found today. I pulled the headliner out of the old GT body today so it could be used for a pattern and when I got to the rear at the back glass decided may as well take that out as it needs to come out anyway and headliner would come out easier that way. I go to take out the glass and the bottom is hooked over the pinch weld but the rest of it is just sitting in there with some glue of some kind and not hooked on the pinch weld at all. I know the second owner put a used headliner in it about 40 years ago and think he had to have the glass out so it has been this way for all that time and with the rear mldgs. around it you couldn't even tell.

Good thing you didn't drive it fast with the windows down!
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
      Good thing you didn't drive it fast with the windows down!
      Or slam the door with all the windows up!!!?

Comment

Bruce Slamming the doors wouldn't do it as it had so many rust holes in the floor and side panels the air had plenty of places to go. You can sit inside on the floor and see out everywhere.

Comment

Hey swvalcon, since you have your headliner out do you think you could post some pictures of where the chrome headliner bows attach. I am having trouble locating them on mine and I don't want to poke more holes in my headliner trying to find them. Thanks
          I'd rather be driving my Studebaker!

sigpic

Comment

Wlfrench I can get some pictures but the chrome bows run right over where the headliner seams run across the car. You should be able to hold them up to the roof and center them and with a small ice pick find the holes. Here's a picture. The hole is just under the holes for the top bows and just above the windlace. Kind of goes up from the bottom and you may be able to feel the indented area where the hole is for the chrome strip.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by swvalcon; 12-22-2016, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X