First post war Canadian (Hamilton) Studebaker August 18, 1948

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First post war Canadian (Hamilton) Studebaker August 18, 1948

Thought some might like this bit of history from north of the border. Have some others.

Click image for larger version

Name:	48-49 canadian body drp copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	151.7 KB
ID:	1753265Click image for larger version

Name:	canadian production Sept 1948 copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	158.4 KB
ID:	1753266
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

The W Jones of International Garage in St. Catharines mentioned in the article was the owner of the dealership that my father bought his Studebakers. According to another article I read he was the oldest Studebaker dealer in Ontario (perhaps Canada). They went out of business around 1961 under rather suspicious circumstances.
    sigpic
    55 President Deluxe
    64 Commander
    66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

Thank you for this piece of history Dick and I would certainly like to view the additional pictures you have from that memorable date. Interestingly, the La Salle Park mentioned as the site for the company picnic is actually in Burlington Ontario, just a short walk from where we live. This beautiful location is owned by the City of Hamilton and maintained by the City of Burlington under a long-standing lease arrangement.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Great photo - and it looks like they already had an R-series truck to play around with as well.

Comment

And the first Hamilton postwar truck:

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
            And the first Hamilton postwar truck:

Craig
            C.D. Brown had retired by the time I joined Studebaker, having been replaced by William 'Bill' Moeser. I have a piece of Mr. Brown's memorabilia in the form of a Lark tie bar which he gave many years ago to his young neighbor, who in turn gave it to me last year. Mr. Brown is long since deceased.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Working...
            X