Peter Yuen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter Yuen?

I have read a lot tech tips in chapters newsletters credited to Peter Yuen, "Odds N Ends". Can anyone tell me where to find these tech tips or contact for Mr. Yuen. Thank you...Mike
    Mike - Assistant Editor, Turning Wheels
    Fort Worth, TX

Check out google; "peter yuen" studebaker

The following was the first link when I tried this. http://driving.ca/studebaker/auto-ne...eels-that-bond

Best of luck!

Comment

Pete Yuen is a member of the B.C. Coastal Chapter of SDC, and is a fine gentleman, and an old friend.
      Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Pete is also a member of the Vancouver Island Chapter and a very strong supporter of the Club overall. He produces his 1 page column "Odds N' Ends" on a semi regular basis and distributes it to Newsletter Editors in the Pacific Can-Am Zone for inclusion in local Chapter Newsletters. His contact info is in the SDC Roster, he lives in Vancouver, British Columbia.
        Mark Hayden
        '66 Commander

Comment

Didn't he used to live in Southern Alberta back in the 80's ? Maybe Longview or Turner Valley?? Drove a 56 Commander ?
          Love my Lark

Comment

Originally posted by Jett289 View Post
            Didn't he used to live in Southern Alberta back in the 80's ? Maybe Longview or Turner Valley?? Drove a 56 Commander ?

No, Pete Yuen has lived in Vancouver BC since the mid 1970's (that I personally know) and probably well before that date as well.
            Mark Hayden
            '66 Commander

Comment

Originally posted by Mark57 View Post

No, Pete Yuen has lived in Vancouver BC since the mid 1970's (that I personally know) and probably well before that date as well.
              He mentioned to me before he's been in the same house in Vancouver since 1955.

Craig

Comment

Ok .. I must be thinking of someone else .. Age is catching up with me .. lol ..
                Love my Lark

Comment

Pete at the NWOD

And, at 89, Pete is still active in club and Chapter activities. Here is a shot of Pete (in the straw hat) and his '84 Avanti taken at the Northwest Overdrive earlier this year.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Pete.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	141.1 KB
ID:	1711571
                  Mark Hayden
                  '66 Commander

Comment

Originally posted by Mark57 View Post
                    And, at 89, Pete is still active in club and Chapter activities. Here is a shot of Pete (in the straw hat) and his '84 Avanti taken at the Northwest Overdrive earlier this year.
                    Pete Yuen is still going strong at 90. He was in attendance at the Pacific CanAm Zone Meet here last weekend with that same car. In addition, he also made the nice wooden table centers at the banquet.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                      Pete Yuen is still going strong at 90. He was in attendance at the Pacific CanAm Zone Meet here last weekend with that same car. In addition, he also made the nice wooden table centers at the banquet.

Craig
                      I first met Pete and his late wife over 35 years ago when we were invited for dinner at their Vancouver home. That friendship was happily renewed last Saturday when Pete came over to our table at the meet in Calgary to chat with us. That was a real treat for both Thelma and me. He looked great.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Pete's email is tuumest@shaw.ca if you really want to get in touch with him . And Pete built the house for Mary while they were courting .

Old Fart

Comment

Pete also still has his Buick powered Tall T.
                          Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Pete was at our Can Am meet in Kamloops B.C. last year. He looked great and still carried himself very well in spite of losing Mary a couple of years back. We knew each other when I still lived in greater Vancouver for over 40+ years. He is a true Studebaker (Avanti) aficionado and we are fortunate to have him on board.
                            Cheers, Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzard View Post
                              He looked great and still carried himself very well in spite of losing Mary a couple of years back.
                              He also lost his son recently as well.

Craig.
                              Last edited by 8E45E; 08-02-2017, 05:44 AM. Reason: Added link

Comment

Working...
                              X