Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your ugly Studebaker

Robert Kapteyn

"Built to drive" Maybe but evidence is it has been driven maybe 200 rough riding miles. I guess that would cover maybe one tank of gas.
    Maybe the seller should include with purchase $10,000 Life insurance policy in case of a fatal accident. Hmmmm I think I have seen that somewhere else. LOL.

Bob Miles
    Tucson AZ

Comment

It would be convenient to change the shocks!

This is the result of not having a friend to stop you before building something!
      Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Originally posted by 6hk71400 View Post
        Maybe the seller should include with purchase $10,000 Life insurance policy in case of a fatal accident. Hmmmm I think I have seen that somewhere else
        Studebaker DID!! http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...Pyramid-Design

Craig

Comment

That's just wrong!
          Ed Sallia
          Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
            That is what I was referencing. Fred Fox brought that up in his article years ago on the 56 Sedans. Seems like it was not such a good idea to sell cars back then.

Any one interested in this car to buy? If so you can pick up the Zip Van in Yuma while you are at it.

Bob Miles
            Tucson AZ

Comment

no problem changing the oil if and when needed.
              Candbstudebakers
              Castro Valley,
              California

Comment

Plate on the rear says "STUPIDBAKER". I guess the builders name is Baker.
                I appreciate the work that goes into rigs like this, but most of the builders do not realize that their creation is just an expensive toy. I believe that is why these rides never have very many miles before coming up for sale. The same is true of over built street rods or anything else. Your buddies will only be wowed a few times before you are yesterday's news.
                "In the heart of Arkansas."
                Searcy, Arkansas
                1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                1952 2R pickup

Comment

This would be the perfect car for a post-apocalyptic movie like Mad Max. Couldn't be much better unless you added some huge exhaust pipes on the sides.
                  "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

It's a 50, not a 51. But it has a 51 rear window. Strange.
                    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Wonder if a step ladder comes with the sale?

Hopefully you could sell the drivetrain for enough to buy a stock drivetrain to make it drivable.

Comment

Probably the same car in this video from a previous post on the movie O.C. & Stiggs.......http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...l=1#post688681

Comment

Gila Monster from O.C. & Stiggs

Comment

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
                            I appreciate the work that goes into rigs like this, but most of the builders do not realize that their creation is just an expensive toy. I believe that is why these rides never have very many miles before coming up for sale. The same is true of over built street rods or anything else. Your buddies will only be wowed a few times before you are yesterday's news.
                            Heck, my Studebaker is just an expensive toy. And it's factory stock.

I wonder why so many on this forum have always been so quick to put down a car that isn't theirs, built/owned by someone they don't know.

Comment

I think it's kinda cool. There are plenty of bullet noses that don't get purchased and rot into the ground. This one is running and driving. Just think, he may have put more miles on this car this year than some SDC members put on their cars. Remember this is the Studebaker DRIVERS Club, not the Studebaker Restored Just One Certain Way Club.
                              Paul
                              Winston-Salem, NC
                              Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Working...
                              X