1 week restoration of a 1961 Lark convertible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 week restoration of a 1961 Lark convertible

Does anyone remember a post on a 1 week restoration of a 1961 Lark convertible. The final color was yellow and had an R1 for power. If so, I would like to have the thread or url.
    Thanks
    Steve

Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!

53 Commander Hardtop, A/T, P/S
    55 Commander Conestoga
    60 Lark Regal Convertible, A/T
    59 Lark 4 Door Parts Car
    62 Champ 7E7, A/T
    49 2R15 Stakebed

Take a look at this: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...lity-Build-off

Note the title! This car placed peoples choice award at the annual Southern Arizona/Grand Canyon Chapter's March Madness.
    It is a beauty!

Bob Miles
    Tucson AZ

Comment

Steve, I believe that was undertaken by Sebastian Scopelli here on the forum. His forum name is SScopelli. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Bob thanks for the additional information. Sebastian is always busy but takes time to answer questions. He built that car for his sister.

Bob Miles
        Tucson AZ

Comment

I remember these pics,but missed the fact that it was to be a Week of Work. so did He hit the Mark ?

Originally posted by 6hk71400 View Post
          Bob thanks for the additional information. Sebastian is always busy but takes time to answer questions. He built that car for his sister.

Bob Miles
          Tucson AZ
          Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Not only was this a lot of work in a very short time but the single act of coordination is a marvel as well!

Comment

If I read the thread correctly, it was actually about 6 weeks. He was playing on the premise that TV shows always make it seem like a 1 week turn around, he never actually intended for it to be only a week. But I could have read it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by 53 Commander View Post
                Does anyone remember a post on a 1 week restoration of a 1961 Lark convertible. The final color was yellow and had an R1 for power. If so, I would like to have the thread or url.
                Thanks
                Yes, It would be nice to do a car in one week, but that only happens on "Reality TV." I hope you understand that was a satire post, yet, yes, I did the majority of the work in my garage.

If you think about those moments that define your life, restoring this car was definitely one of them for me.

Taking this on I have meet some of the greatest people you can possible meet, and a even a few I'm proud to call my Friends.

Here it is leading the Veterans Parade in Tucson 2016..

On a drive for Nov 2014 Hemming's Muscle Machines

It definitely gets love where ever it is parked..

Comment

That shore is the purdiest lil '61 Lark I've ever seen.

Comment

Not only is it a beautiful car, but the countryside looks like a dry nice place to preserve a car. Unfortunately I'm stuck in the rust belt.

Comment

This is what I was looking for. Thanks everyone.
                      Steve

Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!

53 Commander Hardtop, A/T, P/S
                      55 Commander Conestoga
                      60 Lark Regal Convertible, A/T
                      59 Lark 4 Door Parts Car
                      62 Champ 7E7, A/T
                      49 2R15 Stakebed

Comment

If you want to see the full article.

Feature care in Muscle Machines Nov 2014

Link to the Nov 2014 article:

Cover May 2017 Hemming Motor News.
                        Last edited by SScopelli; 04-19-2017, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Wow, do I feel inadequate!!! That is one beautiful Studebaker. The Studebaker brothers would be proud of it.
                          Rog
                          '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                          Smithtown,NY
                          Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Beautiful car, well done labor of love. I particularly like the absence of the chrome wrap-around side trim. I never could decide which location I liked best. On the early Lark, it was laid over and followed the sculpture lines, visually enhancing them. Later it rose above the sculpture line and crossed directly through the front door handles looking rather cool. Leaving them off gives it a more modern flair and lets the body sculpture speak for itself. Wasn't there something about this side character line that for some reason they couldn't get rid of and it haunted them til the end? I also like the front end change; always thought '62-'63 had a more substantial presence. Love interior! Nothing against those who like their 'Bakers red, white, black or blue but it was refreshing to see this creamy mellow yellow.
                            Last edited by Devan; 01-24-2017, 03:46 PM. Reason: add

Comment

I'll be sending my 64 convertible to ya'!!!
                              One of the greatest pleasures is driving ANY Veteran in the Veterans Day Parade! We've been doing it for the past 5 years! It's a wonderful thing!

Jim
                              "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
                              their Memorials!

Comment

Working...
                              X