Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HVLP paint Systems

Hello!
    Everything seems to be headed in the HVLP turbine paint systems. I have never used one of these systems before, and I have done very little painting. What I have done has turned out pretty good, though.In the very near future, I will be needing to purchase a better gun, either high or low pressure. I was considering one of the new turbine systems. One of the advantages (and a big one to me)of one of these systems is not having to worry about water in the airlines. The only person I know that has used a low pressure gun did not appear to like it that well. Of course he used to have a body shop and learned to paint on the higher pressure guns. I don't know anyone that has a turbine system for auto painting. I would use such a system to do the painting on my Hawk, of course. Anyhow----does anyone have any experience with HVLP guns or such a turbine system? What do you guys (or gals-to be fair) paint with? As always, thanks----Dan

I have one, love it, with the exception of the big, bulky hose. It paints with warm, dry air, almost no over spray.

JDP/Maryland
    63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
    spent to date $54664,75
    64 R2 GT (Sid)
    spent to date $62,839.60
    63 Lark 2 door
    51 Commander
    39 Coupe express
    39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

HVLP (high volume-low pressure) is, or has, become a mandate for the future. Less overspray is a sidebar. Less fumes and residue exhausted to the atmosphere. If you are going to invest, go HVLP. The government will force you to at some point; in this case, not necessarily a bad thing.
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I have hvlp conversion gun it paints much better than conventonial spray gun I think and with various caps and needles I can spay primers or finnish paints.

Comment

Do yourself a favor and look into an LVLP gun..

Bob Johnstone
          64 GT Hawk (K7)
          1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

I spray about 100 gallons of laquer a year , I switched over to hvlp system about 10 years ago because of the moisture problem with hp guns ,don't get a hp convervision it doesn't get rid of the moisture problem. My newest and best gun is a non bleed type (dosen't blow until the trigger is depress)the turbine has a dump valve to allow the turbine to run and not burn up .My turbine is four stage and my hose is the latest version with a four foot light weight whip by the gun. The brand is apollo it goes for 1000 complete, The finish is great but I still have not seen this no overspray claim everyone says.The overspray is much less than the hp guns but I still have overspray clogging my exhaust filters.

1959 HARDTOP R2 clone
            1960 conv
            SDC member since 1972
            1959 HARDTOP R2 4speed
            1960 conv R2 auto
            SDC member since 1972
            http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff21/59r2/DSC01514-3.jpg

Comment

Thanks for your input---Dan

Comment

Working...
              X