No announcement yet.

1932 Studebaker Commander eight - Locking Outside Door Handles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: 1932 Studebaker Commander eight - Locking Outside Door Handles

Hello,
    I need for the 1932 Studebaker Commander Eight Two Locking Outside Door Handles.
    Who can tell me where I get something like this in the USA?
    Thanks and best regards from Austria
    Leo NMB

In those days it was normal to have only one locking outside handle on the passengers (right) door.

Terry

Comment

Terry is correct; only the passenger side door would have a key lock.
      I suggest you post a want ad in The Antique Studebaker Review. http://www.theantiquestudebakerclub.com/
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Yes that may be, but I still need this.
        Does nobody know in the USA where you get such????

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
          I suggest you post a want ad in The Antique Studebaker Review. http://www.theantiquestudebakerclub.com/
          Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	124.5 KB
ID:	1711493
          Brad Johnson,
          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

As I recall, the '32 Commander outside door handles were unique to that model and that year only. Both the '32 President and Dictator/Six were different. I have seen them on ebay. Probably someone has one laying around but doesn't know what it fits. I'll post a photo of one just in case a forum member has one in his "don't know what it fits" pile.Click image for larger version

Name:	32_commander.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	1711500

Happy hunting, there is one out there somewhere. You might contact Richard Blomquist, http://www.wxow.com/story/27483586/2...ys-rarest-cars I believe he may have purchased some of the George Dunn collection and I know there were some in George's collection, that's where I took this photo.

Comment

You might try the AACA forum, then scroll down to the Studebaker section. You will get much more help there. There is a gentleman that goes by the name "Handleman," who has a presence on the forum. He is knowledgeable on most door handles, but the 32 Commander is rather rare and he might need a picture. If you can't contact him readily through the forum I have his information, but I would have to dig for it.

Comment

May be easier to put an electric key fob type on the drivers door and as long as you keep the key fob in your pocket no one will know.

Comment

ohh...not so fine this Infos...but thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X