No announcement yet.

Redmond Wiper motor; wiring diagram...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: Redmond Wiper motor; wiring diagram...

I have in a box (with truck when purchased) a Redmond wiper motor. It has 3 wires. I assume its for a later truck (car) than my 53' 2R6. Can anyone confirm the application, its fit for my 53' and possibly wiring connections for me. I assume 12V.
    Last edited by jackb; 12-09-2016, 06:06 AM.

The wiper motors used in the 53-55 6-volt trucks were Redmond with three wires. However, the ones used in 6v cars probably were, too (don't know for sure).
    Skip Lackie

Comment

Many of the the earlier 12 volt electrical items were marked 12 volts stamped/engraved/molded right on them. This was probably because 6 volt was so common in the early daze. I do not know how many years it took for them to stop labeling things 12 volt, but a close inspection of the wiper motor might tell the tale.

You could also run it on 6 volts and see if it goes full speed or half speed.

Those are two ways to tell if yours is 6 or 12 volts.
      Last edited by RadioRoy; 12-10-2016, 05:03 PM.
      RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
      4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
      5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

I do believe that all of the Redmond Brand Wiper motors were 6 Volt. The 12 Volt motors were Bosch or Autolite/Prestolite.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
        X