Spotted in Loxley Alabama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotted in Loxley Alabama

Pretty '55 out running around. Doesn't look like it needs any paint, but wish they would latch that hood down. I do like pink and grey.
    Attached Files

It does look nice. Perhaps the driver was checking something under the hood and wasn't finished.
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

Nice car. I know Loxley well and this '55 doesn't look like it spent it's lifetime in a humid salt air environment. I once bought a '64 GT from there which was rusted past saving. Wish I could look over that '55, as now is a good time of year to be there.

jack vines
      PackardV8

Comment

I sold that car to a fellow in Fairhope,Ala in September. I live in New Jersey and had the car for over 20 years. I drove it on a regular basis in the summers and kept it in the garage. The car was built in South Bend and was sold out of a dealer in Harrisburg,Pa. It was the 1983 Keystone Chapter raffle car. Just about everything on that car is new or rebuilt. I had it for sale in "Turning Wheels" for two issues and got no calls. I finally sold it on Ebay. It needs some fender rust repair and an interior. I was sorry to see it go but I am getting older and can't really support two cars.

Comment

That color scheme is close to one I posted here: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...-C-K-Eye-Candy

Craig

Comment

That is Don Hartman he lives in Loxley the car came from Kansas about 6 or 8 years ago It was a good solid Commander he has completely restored it . He is in the Gulf Coast Chapter. will see him Saturday at our club meeting
            Last edited by Doug M; 12-08-2016, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Salmonstude I guess you are right Don has one it is his son's shop so I assumed was his . The on in the picture Don son is building a Hot Rod for someone .

Comment

Was pretty sure it wasn't a long-time local car. I've loved the Alabama Gulf Coast for more than sixty years now, but rust never sleeps down there.

jack vines
                PackardV8

Comment

Working...
                X