Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extensions to foot pedals ( clutch & brake).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extensions to foot pedals ( clutch & brake).

It is very difficult for my short legs to reach the clutch and brake pedals on my 62 GT Hawk unless I have my chest so close to the steering wheel that I feel like I am asking for trouble in even a minor accident. Just wondering if anyone has extended their pedals and if so, how did you do it. I know that the setup needs to be better than baling wire and a chunk of wood-any ideas or tried and tested examples would be appreciated.
    sigpicJimmie
    Orange County, Indiana
    1950 CHAMPION -ORANGE COUNTY, INDIANA

Aren't there companies that will do that? I know that people missing a leg or something can have their vehicles retrofitted with special equipment. You might try asking your local body repair shop if they do that, or know an outfit that does.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

I've seen people bolt a piece of hardwood to the pedals. It's easy and gets the job done. You could even coat the wood with Liquid tape to give it a rubber coating.

Comment

Jimmie, on my Pantera we used to have, I drilled 2 holes in the pedal (leaving the rubber) and then bolted a piece of square tubing that I drilled matching holes in to it that was close to the same size as the pedal. Then, I glued and screwed a new rubber pedal pad to that. The clutch was the only one I had to do. Only trouble I ever had was getting it all off for the "normal sized" new owner, ha !

Comment

Thank you for the suggestion! I really appreciate it. Have a great day.
          sigpicJimmie
          Orange County, Indiana

Comment

Had not even thought of that, thank you!!
            sigpicJimmie
            Orange County, Indiana

Comment

TWChamp, thank you for getting back to me. I have some of the liquid tape and like that idea.
              sigpicJimmie
              Orange County, Indiana

Comment

Working...
              X