PDA

View Full Version : Looking for '64 Cruiser rocker moldings

David Daoust
12-05-2016, 09:30 AM
I noticed George Krem's beautiful '64 Cruiser on the cover of this month's Turning Wheels. I like the rocker moldings on the Cruiser and while not originally correct; I would love to do something like that on my '64 Daytona. I was thinking if I could find Cruiser moldings I might be able to have them modified to fit the shorter Daytona rockers.

Does anyone know where I might find a set of 64 Cruiser rocker moldings?

Any help/advice/input appreciated. Thank you.

David Daoust
Stratham, NH

mbstude
12-05-2016, 10:08 AM
There's two 64 Cruiser parts cars here at a friend's shop. I'll see if either one has the moldings still there.

If there is a pair, I could shorten them and reshape the ends for you. I'll look this evening.

Studebaker International may also have NOS.

Studebakercenteroforegon
12-05-2016, 10:41 AM
Or, 1961 Lark Hardtops and Convertibles had rocker panel moldings that would be the correct length as is.

David Daoust
12-05-2016, 10:45 AM
There's two 64 Cruiser parts cars here at a friend's shop. I'll see if either one has the moldings still there.

If there is a pair, I could shorten them and reshape the ends for you. I'll look this evening.

Studebaker International may also have NOS.

Thank you!

David Daoust
12-05-2016, 10:47 AM
Or, 1961 Lark Hardtops and Convertibles had rocker panel moldings that would be the correct length as is.

Thank you. That's fine too! But where can I find them?

mbstude
12-05-2016, 08:06 PM
Thank you!

Started raining this evening, so I didn't venture out into the boneyard. I'll get back to the shop in a few days. Maybe someone will come along with a set before then. :)

unclemiltie
12-05-2016, 08:17 PM
How long of ones are you looking for??? I have a 76 inch set off of a cruiser and a 74 inch set off a wagon

David Daoust
12-06-2016, 03:09 PM
How long of ones are you looking for??? I have a 76 inch set off of a cruiser and a 74 inch set off a wagon

Well....my Daytona convertible is in storage right now so I can't measure it exactly but I'd bet either set would be long enough since the Daytona is a two-door. Can you PM me some pics?

Thank you.

mbstude
12-11-2016, 03:08 PM
David, I finally remembered to look at those two Cruisers today. Neither one has the rocker moldings still on it.. Sorry for the false lead.

jts359
12-11-2016, 05:39 PM
Hi I have a NOS pair of the moulding and the mounting clips, PM me if interested, Thanks , ED

David Daoust
12-12-2016, 08:32 AM
David, I finally remembered to look at those two Cruisers today. Neither one has the rocker moldings still on it.. Sorry for the false lead.

Thank you for checking. I appreciate the effort.