Redondo beach '57 wagon ready for your surf board and Gidget $5,500 on CL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redondo beach '57 wagon ready for your surf board and Gidget $5,500 on CL

image hosting free no registration [url=https://postimg.org/image/nzmy1r3k1/]

Oh Cool! You buy this, you could take Sally Field surfing in Redondo Beach with the Beach Boys!

Like; Surf's UP Dude!
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Well, Sal's 70 now, but she does live in Pasadena...
      While we consider that, have a look at this '62 Daytona vert for $8k in Buffalo.

Seems to me I've seen a metallic blue '63 Lark two-door for sale at that exact same location (i recognize the fence) last year. Paint seems kinda unven, though it's hard to tell from just a pic.

upload photo

Comment

I thought about taking a look, but can't get over the "Checker" front end look. And the overhanging bumper/fenders in the back. My knees don't bend that way..!

Mike

Comment

Kind of a high price for a driver. Interesting story behind it, I wonder what kind of museum this car came out of. Had I the cash, I'd pay it if a drive around the block with Sally was included... Yeah... I had a BIG crush on Gidget!
          Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
          K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
          Ron Smith
          Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Too bad they took out the front seat and painted over the original red.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Van Veghten View Post
              I thought about taking a look, but can't get over the "Checker" front end look. And the overhanging bumper/fenders in the back. My knees don't bend that way..! Mike
              When the tailgate is down-- it's not much of an issue.

Originally posted by studeclunker View Post
              Kind of a high price for a driver. Interesting story behind it, I wonder what kind of museum this car came out of.

Interesting story indeed.
              I enjoyed the link to our (local) Studebaker Museum's eBay photos.
              Knowing the car- I have doubts that the next owner would be the fourth.
              I don't buy the story about the use it got at the museum either.
              It's about ten miles from here-- and I 'work' there from time to time...
              So I know how often it moved.

But she did look pretty good that time she was staged for an open house with her sister Betsy~

Click image for larger version

Name:	11217971_550049538497771_4466159810462101266_o.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	110.6 KB
ID:	1711408

Having seen the car many times before it left my County, I can say it's a nice one.
              I actually tried to get Dad to buy it before it was sold on eBay earlier this year.
              But I honestly don't think it's $5500 nice.
              StudeDave '57
              US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
              SDC Member since 1985

past President
              Whatcom County Chapter SDC
              San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
              San Diego Chapter SDC
              North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Working...